“Lovely Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great cosy italian that was (relatively for Chamonix!) reasonable and very good pizza and pasta options - the vodka pasta is a must, one of the nicest pasta dishes I've ever had! They do small portions of most of their dishes for kids even though they don't obviously state it and were very welcoming.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Didn't book - assumed a Monday would be quiet - it was rammed and as we found out deservedly so. Short wait for a table upstairs and then we had a lovely meal - Pizza for me and Gnocchi for my wife - both simple but fabulously tasty. Great service from Christina. We've eaten out for 7 nights on the run and this was our favourite

1  Thank Reg D
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Having to walk through a mall to get to this place didn't create a brilliant initial impression. I thought we would end up in some low-rent pizza chain. But don't judge this book by its cover. It is a proper Italian restaurant. The food is relatively simple but for the price very good. I had a lovely pizza and my wife had steak, which she really enjoyed. The wine was well priced and the service very friendly. It was a nice evening so we sat out by the river which added to the ambience. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was my favorite restaurant in Chamonix! We had our hotel call ahead to save us a table, but because we were in the off season it wasn’t necessary. If you are going in the winter I would HIGHLY recommend calling ahead as it is a small restaurant and very popular with the locals and tourists.

FOOD: Exactly what you expect from a restaurant called Neapolis. We started with the minestrone soup and the buffalo mozzarella salad. Both were a little different than the tradition style but still very good. The soup was mainly squash based with a few different vegetables in it and the salad was an actual salad with a huge hunk of fresh buffalo mozzarella, basil and tomatoes on top. Then we ordered two pizzas and ate every piece of it. They were made in the traditional Napoli style and the crust was just perfect. They also have a very good spicy olive oil on the table which was a good accompaniment to the end crust pieces!

SERVICE: Was very good. The wait staff helped each other when needed so there was never a time when you couldn’t find someone. They always had a smile and even chit-chatted a little about our stay in Chamonix.

SETTING: Since we dinned here during the summer we sat outside right along the river and had amazing views of the surrounding mountains. It was a perfect setting for our first night in Chamonix.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We ate here 3 times during our 9 day holiday in Chamonix in June. First night pizzas which were nice and thin & excellent and second & third night we both had pasta & salad & the pasta was delicious, plentiful and very "moorish", particularly Rigatone Vodka - not had anything quite so nice in an Itialian restaurant. No reservations required although I think we were lucky, June seems to be out of season. We loved this place, the service was excellent, quick and efficient and it's very good value for money.