“Excellent food and great service”

Le Panier des 4 Saisons
Ranked #24 of 227 Restaurants in Chamonix
Price range: US$41 - US$64
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a place you got to look for if you're in Chamonix, it's located just off the main street in the hall of a residential building; not exactly an great location for a restaurant. The food and service on the other hand are everything you'd want from a restaurant! Food is very well executed and the portions are just the right size for a ski resort kind of meal. The waitress is very professional with just the right amount of friendliness. The place is also a good value for money, with menus under 50 euros with beef filet cheese and dessert !

1  Thank Sebmtb

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We discovered this little place due to the fact that we didn't want to sit on the main tourist drag and have pommes frites with everything! What a great find. The service was good and we were seated despite not having a reservation. The wine list has something for everyone and the fish dish options were devine. The marinades and dressings are interesting and offer a pleasant twist on a fish dish with good accompaniments.
The prices are above average bit so is the food.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife and I have come to Chamonix for many years, but only discovered this little slice of heaven last year. It's located off the main walk in town, just up some steps, as directed by their sign. We happened in one day last year looking for something different for lunch. What a sweet surprise. Great food, and simple, quiet ambience. The waitress, who is still here this year, is wonderfully sweet and helpful.

Yesterday I had perhaps the best duck I've ever had, prompting us to return for lunch today. Well, the filet of cod did not disappoint. This is our perfect counterpoint to the wonderful Hameau Albert 1er, where we stay every year.

I would not hesitate to recommend the 4 Saisons for lunch or dinner. It won't let you down!

1  Thank wardbruce52
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I didn't grow up eating Alpine food and therefore I have no nostalgic attachment to it. The result of which is that I found most of the food in Chamonix, both on and off the slopes, rather stodgy.

Le Panier 4 Saisons was a rare exception. The menu was more sophisticated and the execution was excellent. It's a stellar restaurant, with fresh, inspired meals and great service.

That being said the charm of the restaurant is a little wanting. The decor is rather average, if not a tad cliche and the atmosphere is hard to drum up with the restaurant sitting so far back from the roaming crowds.

Did this bother me? Not so much. I had a great evening and would definitely return.

1  Thank GrantPaul
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Visited on 29 March as a family and we were delighted. The menu was good and varied, the wine good value and the service excellent. All the food we had was delicious, starters, mains and desserts. The location is off the main street, within a small shopping arcade. Dont let this put you off, give it a try, I promise you will not regret it. If we go back to Chamonix, we will definitely return to the 4 Seasons.

3  Thank FifeAndy