“Our second stay & fabulous again”
Review of Hotel Mont-Blanc

Hotel Mont-Blanc
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Mont-Blanc in November, just as it opened & had a great stay, so returned for my husbands 50th birthday and were not disappointed. The hotel is stylish, gorgeous decor, extremely comfortable rooms, with all the little touches you expect on a 5* hotel. We nearly had the pool to ourselves (just another couple) & swimming in the sunshine, looking at Mont Blanc is a divine way to spend an afternoon.
Dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent; attentive but not intrusive service; beautifully paired wines with each course & delicious food. The Restaurant Manager, Antoine, remembered us from November & gave us a guided tour of the kitchen - loved this - & then arranged chocolates & the pairing wine to be waiting for us in our room when went to bed. This was such a thoughtful & lovely touch - thank you Antoine.
We skied the Vallee blanche with a superb guide who I would highly, highly recommend (they also offer summer walking guiding, mountain climbing etc) Nicolas Magnin from Kailash Adventure.
We love the Mont-Blanc & will return at every opportunity.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side looking towards mont blanc are noisier, you can hear people leaving bars/ni...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen73440

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I can't imagine how anyone could write a negative comment about this hotel. It is beautifully designed, the room very comfortable, and the service top notch.

My partner and I met some friends for a weekend in Chamonix and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left (and then thereafter, when we had to drive back to pick up my cellphone that I left behind!) we were very, very impressed.

The hotel has an arrangement with a ski rental shop a short walk away. Once your equipment is settled the ski shop delivers it to your ski locker. They also pick it up when you leave. Amazingly convenient. The hotel arranges the ski passes, and has a shuttle to bring you to the ski area of your choice. Couldn't have been easier! Julia at the front desk is a gem -- she was our "go to" person for dinner reservations and questions about the town and skiing options.

A fantastic hotel. A solid 5 stars. Don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Wow,,,,,one week perfect skiing in fantastic conditions. It was sunshine and blue sky all the time and the slopes were perfect prepared. Especially early in the morning, when the piste was slightly harder, you could find perfect moments on skies.

Of course, for an alpinist and alpine skier, the most enjoyable feeling is, when you achieve nice and precise carving turns. Those turns fullfills your body with powerfull energy and new experiances of new slopes and terrain are born into your mind. This year was exeptional....I made my first trip to Valle Blanche with a superb young quide. It was demanding but a wonderful skiexperience. Next year again.

There is one more thing, maybe the most important for some persons, the hotel where you stay. I felt absolutely perfect moments also in my hotel.

I stayed in Hotel Mont Blanc. This hotel is situated on the best place in Chamonix. You have in the hotels neighborhood everything what you need....shopping street, cafe, equipment service restaurants etc. etc..and the hotel itself is modern but warm and gave a luxurious feeling.

After skiing you could use the excellent SPA with a warm outside swimming pool with an amazing view to the Mont Blanc. If you felt that the warm swimming pool was not enough you could choose two saunas....one with steam and the otherone conventional. If you felt your body extremly tired you could go to the massage and after that to quiet relaxing room or alternativelyt to the brand new gym with new and modern equipments. This alternative is planned for "real" sportmen but suits very well to everyone, who is interested in keeping all muscles in good shape. In this hotel there are many variations how to relax your mind and body.
I choosed to go to my nicely and with good taste decorated, clean room with a very good.......for my body....bed. I relaxed completely and prepared myself for the next day.

During my visit in Chamonix I eated in several restaurants but have to say, that the the best food in Chamonix provided the hotels own restaurant. The food was worth its money. It was made with good taste fanastic rawmaterials. Excellent. You could eat in a quite and relaxing atmosphere and before starting your dinner you could take a glass of champagne in the comfortable bar.

I was very pleased and surprised with all the service what I got in the roomprice. In the reception the receptionist fixed to me the skitickets. Also the hotels own shuttle service, after we agreed my timeschedule, drove me from the hotel to the lifts and after skiing back to hotel, This worked brilliantly. I really felt that I am in good hands.

One thing is sure...next year again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised what a wonderful hotel this was especially after reading some of the poorer reviews.
In my view the Mont Blanc is situated in the best part the town. When you walk out of the entrance of the hotel into the pretty square and into the nearby bustling shopping streets you forget that you are in "ugly" Chamonix but that you are in a small charming Alpine village.
I understand the hotel has been recently modernised. Whoever advised on the renovations should be congratulated. They have managed to blend warmth, comfort and understated style throughout.
All the staff, including Katey in Reception, both the Porters, the Maitre-D were amazing and could not have been more helpful. The spa facilities were fantastic.
If we visit Chamonix again, the Mont Blanc will be the place to stay, as long they don't put their rates up ;-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel has been beautifully renovated. The four of us stayed a total of 3 nights,1night in 2 superior rooms and 2 nights in a suite on the top floor complete with its own sauna and steam room. The rooms were beautifully decorated, the beds were very comfortable and the views from the suite were lovely. Even the view from the cheaper superior rooms was not bad as beyond the road, one could see one of the ski areas. One disappointment in the superior rooms was the noise in the morning from the snow clearing machines. The hotel should put more effective double glazed sound proofing on the french windows.

The service was excellent. Katie at the desk would go out of her way to help, and was also super efficient at all times. The doorman always volunteered to help us with whatever we were carrying and the hotel driver was endlessly patient with us. When the ski lifts at the Grands Montets were mostly closed, he readily and cheerfully returned to take us to Les Houches several Kilometers away in the opposite direction from Chamonx. He showed care and attentiveness when he helped us with our skis and kit.

The staff throughout the hotel were helpful, friendly and efficient.

The one major offputting shortcoming was the breakfast. We found it expensive for what it was. It was not a bad breakfast. Quite the contrary...it was just overpriced. We were also surprised to be charged extra for eggs. This was a first for us. We travel a lot and extensively..but we have never been charged for eggs in a buffet type breakfast. I thought it a little mean to charge extra for the eggs, especially as the buffet breakfast was not cheap. It is a shame for an otherwise excellent hotel of high standing to let itself down just to earn a few extra pennies. We never had breakfast again in the hotel after that .

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floor rooms on the main roadside as they tend to be noisy when the road maintenance...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lizcoppola
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have just come back from 6 days staying at the Hotel Mont-Blanc for our honeymoon; we were not disappointed. Fantastic hospitality from kind, helpful and knowledgable staff. A wonderful spa, pool, bar and restaurant and fabulous boutique decor.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and I know we'll be back to celebrate many more times in the future.
Thank you for an amazing time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Being familiar with Chamonix after many years of vacationing there I was intrigued to try the newly reopened and renovated Hotel Mont Blanc. First of all I was pleasantly surprised that the renovation had managed to keep the signature style of early 20th century Alpine Grand Hotels (when Chamonix became a prime destination for sophisticated international travelers as the first alpine resort) and update it with contemporary stylish design and state of the art amenities.
Being one of the original grand hotels in Chamonix the hotel's location is in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of the restaurants and boutiques which is great because driving and parking downtown can be at times more challenging than skiing the Vallée Blanche. We had a fifth floor room with direct view on Mont Blanc and the famous Aiguilles from our balcony and didn't have to worry about traffic or pedestrian noise.
One of the first things I noticed was the attention to detail in the room: great lights for in-bed reading! (it seems to me that in hotels now either TV watching has replaced reading or candle light reading is "in"...), the bathroom decor was all about comfort and practicality in addition to its elegant contemporary design, just the right blend of alpine warmth and modern lines with a subtle nordic touch. The management team is young and professional and genuinely seemed to care about meeting our needs. Room service for breakfast was very quick and excellent. We had dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was also excellent for reasonable prices given that it is Chamonix at the height of the season. The view from the outdoor pool is fantastic and swimming in a warm pool with snow all around was magical!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple