Hotel Croix-Blanche
US$153
US$144
Hotel Le Faucigny(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
  • Spa
Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc(Vallorcine)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$109
Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotel l'Heliopic(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$106
  • Pool
Le Refuge des Aiglons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$95
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel de l'Arve(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$82
Orbitz.com
US$98
US$89
Hotels.com
US$325
US$318
All reviewsroom decor isfrench channelslocation location locationsmall balconyweekend breakdu mont blanca stones throwfantastic locationan updatemiddle of townyogurtski roomtwin roomcentral chamonixthe busski bootsgeneva airport
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago for 7 nights. Our room was on the part of the building which had elevator, spacious, old fashioned but atmospheric with a small balcony facing L' Aiguille du Midi!!!! we liked our room a lot and took many good photos from the balcony. The breakfast was not a big deal, not many choices not enough quantities but the croissants were delicious.

Room Tip: Best part of the building with elevator going to the rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed for 5 nights. I didn't have the breakfast as I knew the supermarket with fresh pastries was just around the corner.

The Croix Blanche is fine if you get it at a good price. I think I paid 95 euros per night which was possibly a little more than it was worth but OK for Chamonix. I also paid 10 euros per night for parking which was worth it as Chamonix is a pain for parking.

My room was really big but a bit dark, a bit tired, a bit boring, a little bit mucky around the edges. The communal areas were quite drab. It's got a really nice outside terrace serving drinks and food on the high street but I've been there before when staying in other Chamonix accommodation so no need to stay there.

On departure my the visa machine couldn't read my debit card and then my credit card. The receptionist was insistant that my cards were to fault and that the machine was working just fine. Needless to say, I went round the corner and used the cards to withdraw cash with no problem to pay the bill! In fairness, she was apologetic afterwards but it was frustrating as I was in a rush.

Would I stay there again? I've stayed in a few Chamonix hotels now and I'd probably stay at one of them first before choosing this one. I'd consioder this place if I could get it for less than 80 euros.

One last gripe. The wifi made me log in with a password each time I tried to use it. It failed more often than not so I gave up on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room round the back and/or high up as it's right on the main street so the area can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ferretbanana
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with a friend in a twin room. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, though from the floor map, it seemed to be abnormally large in comparison to the other rooms next to ours.
The hotel's situation is amazing - it's situated on the main shopping street in Chamonix, and a minute away from the tourist information office.
It was an excellent deal, given it's location.
They had (free) WiFi in the common area, but no reception in the rooms.
It is outdated, and seems old, but if you want a well situated and affordable hotel in Chamonix, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is located in a good place with everything a stones throw away. Loads of places to eat and drink in Chamonix and they have a brilliant market round the corner, this hotel doesn't allow for self-catering and you would want to after seeing what is available on the market!

We were disturbed 4 times every morning, by cleaning, by maintenance, by the cleaning manager, by someone else...and yes we did have the 'Do not disturb' sign on. With the language barrier, they didn't take the 'no thank you' and instead let themselves in whilst we were in bed. Not impressed at all.

The rooms are fine, clean, standard. In serious need of redecorating and updating! Views are beautiful but they would be from any hotel.

Staff were very friendly on reception..

On another note: Massively recommend Alpybus for transfers!!! On time, safe drivers, brilliant journey and roughly 25EUROs per person!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Location is great...but so are the locations of dozens of other hotels in the area. I spent 90 euros and will gladly pay more money for another hotel so I don't stay here again. Also, the older lady at night, very rude. The younger girl during the day, very nice.

Room Tip: No good rooms I know of.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple