We arrived in the evening and were warmly greeted by the staff. Throughout our stay all of the staff couldn't have been more helpful and calm. The hotel has a warm feel with a traditional ambience. The rooms are comfortable, warm (adjustable air con and heating), plenty of covers and pillows. There are tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, toiletries, a sofa bed in addition to the king size bed, tv, shower and bath. There was plenty of hot water, cold tap water was very clear, (noted in the kettle).everything was very clean, maid service excellent, spare towels in the drawers. The restaurant served one of the best breakfasts we've had. There was a chef some mornings making fresh omelettes and crepes in addition to e wonderful breads, fruit, cereals, juices, cakes and meats and cheeses. There is a ski shop downstairs when you can hire all ski snow board equipment. Buy hats gloves etc. The guy there is amazingly helpful about the area.
There is a bus stop up the hill to e left of the hotel which rakes you to Chamonix, it's free and takes about ten minutes, runs every half hour week days and hourly weekends. If you walk a bit further into le bossonns the no 1 bus takes you to les houches where my husband was recommended to snow board. The hotel also has a pool, sauna and jaccuzzi which is lovely with mountain views as do all the rooms. Evening meals are bookable or turn up on the night, very good traditional food with lots of other choices. There is a lovely bar area, piano and pool. Lots of comfy sofas and chairs relax in. Chamonix has some amazing cafes and restaurants and great
shopping. Make room in it in your luggage. we would recommend you do the cog railway up the
glacier, we were lucky to see two golden eagles in the wild. Also we went on the louge which
was great fun.
We really liked this hotel, yes it's slightly out of chamonix but it's excellent value with great facilities and excellent service. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Chamonix les Bossons welcomes you to its completely renovated premises. 89 airconditioned rooms, a restaurant, Cote Glacier, featuring traditional cuisine, a bar, La Jonction, with lounge area facing the open fire, and a relaxation area with sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons Hotel Chamonix
- Accor Chamonix Les Bossons