We spent four nights here in early May.
As the previous reviewer has stated the main building and the restaurant were closed for renovations. We stayed in the La Ferme chalet. Also it was the change over from winter season to summer.
The hotel was nearly empty during our stay (I think one night there was 6 other rooms occupied but mostly only a couple of rooms were occupied).
Our room had a great view of the mountains and the town. We could see the Ski school but it was not as prominent as has been indicated. The room was large and well set out. I had no problem with working out the lights or the screen for the bathroom like another reviewer. It was clean with good products and spacious bathroom. All the linen was excellent. The beds were comfortable and we did not suffer any noise problems even though the place is wood. Television was good and easy to use with a number of English channels. The fire was great after a day walking when could use the small balcony on where we could sit and eat local cheeses and drink wine.
The house keeping service was very good.
The facilities were good with a heated pool etc although we did not use them.
It is only a 5 minutes walk to the town centre and many restaurants.
The only drawback was the breakfast. The La Maison Carrieris a dark and dingy place. The quality of breakfast was the worst on our six week trip. For the pleasure it also cost us 25 Euro each. I regret now not having taken a photo as evidence. Subsequent days we went into the town where we could get a much better breakfast for half the cost. Normally I would have put this issue down to the off season but it has been raised in previous reviews. I hate to think what it would have been like with a full house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the foot of mont Blanc, Pierre Carrier, Perrine and Grand Chef Pierre Maillet have taken over this hotel, devoted to exceptional cuisine and local delicacies, founded in 1903 by 'great grandfather Carrier'. The rooms in the main hotel or the chalets in the garden offer both modern and warm comfort. On the one hand, there is the superb menu at the Albert 1er with its elaborate recipes influenced by the Piedmont and Liguria and, on the other, the Maison Carrier restaurant with its specilaities to be enjoyed in the atmosphere of an old farmhouse or on the terrace while gazing out at the majestic beauty of mont Blanc. The indoor/outdoor swimming pool also boasts views of the eternal snows on the roof of Europe. An equally stunning and delicious address for winter or summer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Hameau Albert 1er reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Hotel Chamonix
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Chamonix