“Amazing Chalet, friendly and helpful staff with goof food and great atmosphere!”

Chalet Les Pelerins
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I spend a long weekend in the chalet, arriving early the Thursday morning and departing the Sunday afternoon! We were greeted on arrival and shown our room even though we checked in early. The room was pleasant with everything we needed. We got into our gear as soon as possible and were driven to the location of the valley where we wanted to ski for the day. During our stay we received great advice about weather conditions and the valley. The staff was unbelievably friendly and went out of there way to help us and make our stay memorable. The owner made time to spend with us in the evenings and chat about our day and to see if there was anything he could do to make our stay better. The food was great and enjoyed the inclusive wine. The Jacuzzi was also an added bonus and would definitely recommend it with a few drinks in the evening to relax the aching joints. We were accommodated even though we checked out the Sunday morning to leave our bags in the basement till our transfer arrived and thus got a full day on the mountain in and shower after. All in all a great weekend away with very friendly people making the stay even the more memorable! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanielSwa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Guernsey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Think my title has said it all, though can add that whilst staying there my partner suffered a muscle strain. The guys the brillent, ice packs supplied & appointments with physiotherapist arranged; meaning that just one day off skiing was needed to recover.

Cheers guys
Simon

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We have just returned from our 3rd visit to Chalet Les Pelerins with Mountain Tracks and it just gets better! The staff, the food and accomodation is excellent.

Should you being skiing or hiking in the Summer, this is the place to stay. David and his team make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive.

Stay here, you wont regret it!

3-10 March 2013.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Todmorden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We returned to Chalet Les Pelerins after 5 years and found the quality of service as good as it ever was.
This is an excellent chalet. It is warm, clean and spacious with good facilities as reported in other reviews.
The best thing about Chalet Les Pelerins is the warm welcome and support provided by David, Asa, Jim and Emma who could not be more accommodating to our individual needs.
Jim is a gastronomic delight. He catered for a vegetarian (a different dish every night which did not include vegetable lasagne or mushroom risotto) a fussy teenager (and with the aid of Emma encouraged him to taste new dishes) and an omnivore plus other chalet guests. Cakes were provided every tea time plus a birthday cake for the teenager and some Swedish Scones provided by Asa during the Swedish Festival (both recipes provided to us on request).
We arrived early on Sunday morning (change-over day) and were allowed the use of a room until our bedrooms were ready. Plus we were given breakfast before Jim helped us acquire skis and lift passes and then drove us to the slopes.
We were given a lift to the slopes every single day and when queues were too long (it was half-term) staff were happy to advise us and take us to lifts with quicker access to the slopes.
Emma helped us encourage our son to take snowboarding lessons and secured this on our behalf with ESF. As this is his GCSE year and he is doing snowboarding as part of the PE exam all the staff were keen to give him tips on how to provide the evidence required including sharing their personal equipment such as avalanche safety equipment and showing him how to use it. Our video footage of his snowboarding skills for the GCSE failed to develop so David was able to take him onto the slopes on the last day and filmed him doing all the manoeuvres required of the syllabus before showing us where a remote refuge was which provided an authentic lunch.
We left very early the following Sunday whereupon breakfast was waiting for us in the morning and Emma gave us a lift to the station.
We have used this Chalet twice - once we had a whole group booking and this time a family of three. We would highly recommend Chalet Les Pelerins.
Stayed 16-24 January 2013

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Beautiful and cozy Chalet Les Pelerins is absolutely my favorite and I highly recommend it!Friendly and service oriented staff makes you feel like home. After great day out, you can enjoy a hot bath in a jacuzzi on the terrace, you eat and sleep well, what else could you ask for!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was put in contact with the owner of this chalet after unsuccessfully trying to book with many more popular chalets in Chamonix at short notice. On this occasion I was travelling alone so was looking forward to a decent chalet atmosphere and some assistance in joining up with some fellow skiers/boarders.
Given that it was half term and the owner's use of language in e-mail correspondence e.g. 'we should be able to fit you in' I was somewhat surprised that my fellow guests consisted of (at different times): the chalet girl's mother and partner, two of the owners personal friends and a couple with their teenage son. There were two regular clients staying on the first night of my stay and aside from that only the aforementioned family. My assumption of a busy chalet proved wide of mark; lesson learned! My second mistake was to accept the owner's initial quote of £495 for 6 nights. I booked less than a week in advance and was told by the other two guests on my first night that they paid £395 for 5 nights: a higher nightly rate for a longer stay is certainly not what I would expect. Therefore well worth haggling here. The owner lives in Chamonix full time and I asked on the first night if he might be able to help me join an off piste group. After the first day on the slopes I followed up my initial enquiry but the owner told me he had had an 18 hour day and to ask him again in morning - the owner manages various other businesses including a bus company. On the morning of my third day he told me that he had contacted ecole de ski but that they were booked for that day. I went to ESF personally and found that this was not the case and had I been 45 minutes earlier could have joined the 3 day ski discovery group.
The food is very good and worthy of praise. Decent portions and an interesting variety. Sadly, dubious quality boxed wine is served and it is left out in carafes with cling film for the next night. The wine from Tuesday night was still in the kitchen on Thursday morning when I checked out so I suspect that it would have been served that night.
It was the chalet staff's morning off when I checked out but nothing was left out so I had to rummage around to find something for an early breakfast. Other chalets I have stayed in make provision for breakfast when the staff have their time off. There was salami on the first two mornings but this was not replenished. Bacon rolls were offered on my first morning. Boiled eggs were offered twice. The lights in the bedroom do not give adequate light. I did not make any complaint during my stay as the skiing was excellent and I wanted to avoid stress on holiday. These are some objective observations to help others make the most of their Chamomix holiday. This would be a great chalet if you went with a group of friends and take your own wine and negotiate a good deal.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Boracayboarder
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I spent a week over New Years in this fantastic chalet - and I can highly recommend it! We were a group of friends who had two rooms, sharing the chalet with six other people. This was not at all a problem - first of all since the atmosphere was very friendly. Second of all, most rooms have there own bathrooms, and there are as well two living rooms. There is a fireplace in the living room downstairs, as well as TVs and DVDs in both of them. All the rooms are clean and nice, and the fact that there are two floors does not make it feel like it is over crowded. It is easy to find a place to relax, either in front of the fireplace, or with a book in the coach.

David and Åsa were available for information about ski, special trips, guides, etc. This was very helpful. Jim made the most fantastic three course meals every night, and Emma was the best chalet host who was always available for whatever was needed at most times. It was absolutely wonderful to enjoy a whole week not worring about grocery shopping or making food. Breakfast was made ready at the time we choose in the morning. Every day we were driven to a ski area of our choice, including to Italy one day.

Every day when we came back to the chalet, there were cakes and coffee, and the hot bath tub outside was always ready to be used. On New Years eve, we had a perfect afternoon there with beer and candle lights.

The chalet is very close to the city centre, only ten minutes walk. It has a very practical room downstais for keeping ski equipment, and there are parking spaces outside the chalet.

All in all I had a perfect week, with lots of good skiing, nice people, a very warm and friendly atmosphere, in the most lovely chalet I have been. I am 100 % sure I will stay there again for my next skiing holiday in Chamonix!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends