“Big mistake do not go”

Brasserie le National
Ranked #189 of 221 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Big mistake do not go”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I have to confess. Writing reviews and not reading others reviews was a mistake. I was lazy to read before entering. Food was bad and oily service was slow. We got our bad taste fishes after one hour and left 10 minutes later. Do not repeat my mistake read the rating and reviews before

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zingers

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
“worst food i've ever had in france”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

i live in switzerland, so every time i go to france, i'm pretty excited to have more gourmet food and a normal portion of meat at a reasonable price. this is the first time in my life i've ever been disappointed - and how. my shoe-leather steak, ordered seignon, arrived more than well-cooked. my fries were soggy, even by french standards. i had to ask for the bearnaise that came with my over-priced sad excuse for meat, and a thimble of thin lukewarm cream hastily stirred with salt arrived - no tarragon or butter to be seen. when i notified the waiter apologetically that in fact i did not eat my meal because this is not rare, and this is not a bearnaise, i was haughtily told it could be fixed in the kitchen. after having waited 45 minutes and long since lost my appetite, i had no interest to see what that would entail. the best part of the meal was the warm pinot noir and the still-cold pre-fabricated creme brulee. luckily everywhere else we ate in chamonix was good. steer clear; there's not a single thing redeeming this place. i agree with the last review - mc donald's would have been a better idea.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank sabominator
Toronto, Canada
“Should have gone to McDonald's”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We were going out for dinner and found out the trip advisor recommended restaurant we wanted to go to was closed when we got to the restaurant. Not having a backup, we went to the busiest restaurant assuming they were busy for a reason. Unfortunately the food was the worst we had in 2 weeks in France and in all of our other travels.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank aussieholt
Marsascala, Malta
“Not quite what you'd expect”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Waitresses rather clumsy and, well not rude but I wouldn't say nice. The waitress ran into my chair while I was eating a number of times, once almost knocking my glass in my face while I was drinking. They never looked back. Food was OK, but in general I'll find somewhere else next time. There's a lot to choose from!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AndreCaruana
Geneva, Switzerland
“Only Okay - Pretty Good Food, Bad Service”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I went here for a light dinner recently in Chamonix and it was fine but nothing to write home about. The service was poor; they took along time to take my order or come back each time, even when requested, I had to make requests several times to get them met and although I advised them of nut allergies my salad came covered in nuts and had to be sent back. The salad (Chevre Chaud) however, was very good - though the portion was a bit small for these typical French meal style salads. They served good size wine by glass and have free WiFi.

• Visited March 2014