“Amazing views, food, and service”

Auberge du Bois Prin
Ranked #92 of 227 Restaurants in Chamonix
Price range: US$34 - US$129
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Reservations
Newington, Connecticut
“Amazing views, food, and service”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we couldn't have been happier. The views of Mont Blanc were the best in the city, the multi course tasting menu offered unique courses with excellent presentation and the waitstaff was friendly and attentive. Thank you for a great experience.

• Visited April 2013

Stavanger, Norway
“Good food, but slightly disappointed by the service. Didn't live up to my expectations.”
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here in a large group, who all had the set menu. Overall the food was very good, but I felt a little underwhelmed. While the staff was very friendly, there were a number of slips throughout the meal that added up to an experience that was less than what I expected. First they took our food orders, but forgot to bring a wine menu or take drink orders. We asked for the wine package menu to go with our food, but were disappointed when this only turned out to be 2 glasses of wine, for a menu of that length it was not enough. They also forgot other drink orders. They neglected to explain the appetizer course, which ended up with half our group not eating the dish as intended. Nothing So bad, but just less then Expected.

For the appetizer I had foie gras, which was delicious, but I felt could have been presented better. For the main course I had sea bream, which was just OK. Nothing bad, but nothing exciting. It was not presented on the plate well, and the dish lacked texture. The desert was the best looking dish of the meal, and again was good but nothing I would return for.

For a formal dinner with wine the prices were good, so I would say you got good value, but the service could have been much much more attentive. The food was very good, but not very impressive. Overall, we had an ok dinner, but I would say this restaurant doesn't measure up to others in it's class.

1 Thank lalalani
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent, perfect food with some average service.”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Auberge du Bois Prin is a lovely hotel based 15 min walk from the centre of Chamonix. The restaurant is lovely. It has this charm of french chalet with modern twist. We had a lovely Menu Confiance with wines. Food was absolutely amazing. It was inspired by local products, fish and meat. Out of this world! :) Matching wines were excellent.
The only thing that was below food standard was a level of service. I'm terribly sorry to write as all the staff was really lovely and helpful but some situation I would not expect in a michelin restaurant. It looked like some members of the staff were very senior but some of them have never worked in any restaurant, not to mention michelin star restaurant. They really need to work to improve service but food is a well deserved star or maybe even two stars.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank marcincupial
Stavanger, Norway
“An excellent michellin experience”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Me and my wife decided to try out one of the micelin star restos in chamonix. The place was nicely furnished and you instantly got the feeling of beeing at a special place. Waitors were all over us and could not have done more to give us a better evening. We decided to go for the chef's meny confiance, and enjoyed Raphaël Vionnet's excellently compsed 5 dish meny with great choices of wine (mostly local). For all this we paied euro 95 a head which I believe was good value for money.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A must!”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed at the hotel and although normally don't eat at hotel restaurants, we were tired on the first day and decided to have dinner at the hotel.
The dining room beautiful and small with a view of mountain range. There is also a private room at the end. One of us had a la carte and another the set menu and both were sensational. The choice amazing and ingridients are very well selected. Had the most tasty polenta dish ever. Chef came out and talked to every single table
Eating in main town after this experience felt like microwaveable meals.

• Visited January 2013