“Great Hotel”
Review of La Sapiniere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chamonix
La Sapiniere
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went skiing 11th jan - 18th jan with 3 mates . Had a fantastic time at this hotel the staff were awesome !!!! Hotel a little dated but fits in nicely in the area , Bedroom was a good size and the food was superb !!!!!! Location for ski lift amazing and 5 mins walk into town . Stay here its a great place

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed for a week mid Jan 2014. Group of 4 males, one room in the 'newer' part of the hotel and one room in the original part of the building. Yes, The hotel is a little tired, but great location, great views, great size rooms and very hot/ ample water supply. Also the hotel was kept clean by the staff and if you was to ask me if I'd stay there again… YES.
The negatives: None really.
Chamonix is a resort that means you need to take the bus to the slopes and this hotel is perfectly placed to catch the majority of the buses. At first I found this a little confusing, but the staff (I'll mention them in a minute) are great and explained & supplied us with all the info we needed.
Postives: Staff, staff, food and the staff. did I mention the food????
This hotel is successful due to the commitment and attitude of the staff and the quality of the food.
I'll mention some names…. Helen (manager), Beth, Charlotte, Gareth and Dan (to mention a few). Clearly focused on the guests needs, Nothing was too much trouble. They quickly knew our names and managed dinner service extremely well...
The food, SUPERB. With two Veggie's in our group, we covered the majority of the menu every night and every single dish served was excellent. Some of the best food I've ever tasted. This Chef would not be out of place in a michelin star restaurant. That said, I understand he has handed in his notice and only could be gone by late Feb 14 - I could be wrong ???

In summary - I echo the views of others and would have given this Hotel 5 green blobs (5*) had it had a full refurb.....

1 Thank gareeeee
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have just come back from a week at La Sapinière. Absolutely fabulous!!!
Great location, in quiet street but very good access to pedestrian centre, buses, sport centre etc...
Typical French building/decor, hence why some people may describe it as tired but I think it's part of the charm of this chalet.
The food was second to none. Very good breakfast, nice afternoon cakes and amazing dinners! It is great that you have a choice of 2 starters/mains/deserts so there is always something to please everyone. Big respect to the chef and kitchen staff in achieving such pretty and tasty food all at once for the 60ish guests.
As for the staff... They are all amazing. Friendly, professional, welcoming, accommodating, helpful, caring etc...
It was nice to see the management team helping out with meals or bar etc... Always there to support their team and chat to guests.
Too many names to mention, but special thank you to James for keeping our room spotless and always being so helpful.
I would definitely recommend this chalet if you want friendly relaxed atmosphere with gourmet food!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the Mont Blanc. Big balcony and sunny in the afternoon.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The staff were great, and even help us get a bowl for the DOG !,

The food all week was wonderful, the afternoon teas, where well worth coming back early from sking from, there was soup with the teas, each one was home made, (Mat had at least 3 bowls a day)

Great value, Great Time

Mat, John, Bill & The Dog !

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

You cant fault this hotel.Its not your modern looking swish hotel and on first arriving you might think it looks a bit tired. However it is typically French and its in a great location in Chamonix. Really friendly staff (Sorry too many to mention) although I can remember Dan the barman (for some reason) Lovely atmosphere, small and sociable. The food was superb and I mean superb!!! Hotel is right on the nursery slopes although it has easy access to the Brevant gondola. You could walk to the gondola but why bother? the bus stop is right outside the hotel. Ski hire shop is just round the corner (2 minute walk) A short walk into the beautiful town will get you to the the main bus stop that takes you to the other slopes. We only went to Le Tour and Les Houches are about 20-25 mins drive.
We stayed over xmas with two sons (12&14) and had a great time.The rooms were warm and clean. Free wifi in the bar area meant a nice place to chill or chatter with other guest about our exploits that day.We had rooms 40 and 41 and we woke up every morning to breathtaking views of Mont Blanc (book these rooms if you can)
Only a couple of negatives. We did suggest to the staff that they displayed on reception if there were any slopes not open that day as we had traveled up to le Tour one day only to find it shut due to high winds. I think as we left they were starting to display piste details on the telly on the lounge.
Also, the ski room is a bit small for the size of the hotel and was a bit cramped in the mornings. it could also do with allocated ski/boot storage as a couple of times people were going out with other peoples boots/skis on. Do not let this put you off though and don't let it detract you from what is essentially a cracking hotel. We had a fantastic time. Great hotel, great staff, Great food, made some great friends and did some great skiing. All in all very good :)

Room Tip: We had 40 and 41 which had beautiful views of Mont Blanc (See picture)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Benden-family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I went with my dad and 2 of my children - really great chalet hotel. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and welcoming and the view from my room was fabulous! The hotel location for the ski bus services and the nearest slope is excellent. The staff range from mad as hatters (Charlie!!) to really friendly and there wasn't a time that they didn't try and help with a smile on their faces - Charlotte Anderson even buying brown bread for my father. The food is of restaurant quality, not one bad dish and the pastry chef has a very light touch producing delicious deserts. the free wine is really good quality and flowed very freely!! We were even given a cooked breakfast on our departure day at 5.30 in the morning.
A slight moan is that I had thought that the ski school would be outside the hotel on the nursery slopes but it was, in fact, a 15 minute bus ride away. They collected from the hotel though so it was only the pick up that I had to do. I was glad I had 2 children to put on the bus as I would have been a bit more concerned sending one on his own. the Ski school was excellent although as we were in term time my 11 year old quickly moved beyond it and I ended up paying for a couple of private lessons and not getting a refund for the unused sessions - not unreasonable I guess but it would have been nice.

All in all an excellent chalet hotel with fabulous staff in a lovely resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have a good view but the ones at the front have the most amazing view.The stai...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

From arrival at the resort, the staff couldn't do enough to help, wanting to carry your cases for you and showing you to your rooms.
The accommodation was clean throughout albeit a little tired in places. But you are there for the activities so as a family of three with another family we were all pleased with accommodation.
The meals were lovely (even accommodating our fussy kids with other options) with plenty of drinks and good wine. The waiting staff and barman were brill and always had time to talk with you even though they were always busy.
We had room 30 which is on the third floor with super views towards Mont Blanc and The Aguille Du Midi. I would highly recommend La Sapiniere. Thanks to all staff for making our holiday run smoothly, especially Dan the barman and Beth for keeping our room spotless and providing entertainment at dinner in the form of cutlery juggling!
Although I don't think we would be visiting Chamonix in the near future I would highly recommend the hotel and staff. The Dawns and Taylors. Thanks.

2 Thank nina-dawnflowers