“Brilliant holiday! :)”
Review of La Sapiniere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chamonix
La Sapiniere
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just back from spending a week in the Sapiniere with a couple of friends (and thanks to the welcoming, friendly environment, made more!). My holiday coincided with my birthday, and I couldn't think of a better place to spend it! I want to go back!! :(

The staff were amazing - friendly, accommodating and professional. We were very impressed at how seamless our transfer was - the bus was already waiting at Geneva, and Gareth, the rep, was there to welcome us, help with our baggage and sort out our lift passes. When we arrived at the accommodation, we were greeted and assisted by all of the other staff in the same manner - from being checked in by Helen at reception, to being served by all the waiting, house keeping and catering staff - the two Charlottes, Kirstie, James, Beth, Dan and the guys in the kitchen were all brilliant! Thanks to Luke and Tommy, the rep and manager also, who were great points of contact for any questions or assistance. In fact, all of the staff had a great knowledge of the local area, were happy to give up some of their free time to take us around the town, and gave us great tips about where and how to spend our time!

There were plenty of excursions available through Inghams - we just wished we had the time to fit them all in. We went on the bar crawl and the day trip to Courmayeur in Italy, both which were so much fun. The staff put on a pub quiz, too, which was a great way to meet the other guests, and let the competitive side out! Apart from that, the food, wine and cocktails were brilliant, the rooms were spotless... Could not be faulted!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alex M

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently spent a week at the hotel sapiniere. There are not enough words to say how excellent all the staff were, from Helen at check in to kirstie, both the charlottes, James who put up with our noisy conversations at dinner. My most grateful thanks to the chefs( itch and jonny I think and sorry if I got those wrong) who made a gluten free version of everything for me. Our inghams reps Gareth and Luke were fantastic and helpful. Thanks to dan for all the cocktails and venue suggestions.
The location of this hotel is fantastic but it is the amazing staff who create the welcoming and fun atmosphere that make this hotel worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly T
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Loved our week in the Sapiniere! Our room was nice and had a lovely view over Mont Blanc, we also had a new bathroom and the shower was great. Helen got us checked in really quickly and Beth even helped us carry our bags up to our room.
Charlotte D kept our room spotless and always had a smile. All the staff were amazing and worked so hard to make sure everyone had a fab holiday, even inviting us to their night out on their day off. Kirstie, Charlotte and James kept us well topped up with wine at dinner and always stopped for a chat. Dan the barman was fabulous, and despite the fact the bar closed at midnight he often sat up with us after that and played his guitar for us.
The food was delicious all week, there was lots of choice and definitely something for everyone - same with breakfast, the hot option was really nice and the staff tried their best to change/swap anything for the guests. The kitchen staff must have worked so hard (I don't know all their names so I won't mention some and leave others out, however they were all fabulous).
We did 3 of the excursions offered by inghams - the bar crawl, the husky dog sledding, and the ski away day in Courmayeur with Gareth. Totally recommend all 3, the bar crawl was brilliant, with free shots in every bar. The husky dog sledding was such an amazing experience and Gareth's ski group in Courmayeur was fast paced and was such a nice change from having to stop and read a map all day.
The one tiny thing I could fault would be that the hair dryer wasn't very good, however that's probably my own fault for not bringing one!
The Sapiniere is fabulous is every way, would return in a heartbeat :)!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank LucyBoylex
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Just off the plane from Chamonix and promised a member of staff I would write a review just to show how amazing the hotel really is! The place was quality from day one, Helen got us checked in easily and the rooms were spotless! All the staff were amazing and very easy to talk to! Kirstie, James, both Charlottes and Beth were always deliverying great service all day, every day and nothing was too much to ask. Being around the same age as the staff it made for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, as well as the entire hotel assistant staff, Dan the bar man is awesome, he was so welcoming and a great laugh! The food was perfect and the entire kitchen staff were so professional every night, especially Grant! Gareth, Luke and the hotel manager Tommy were also awesome! They acted professionally and were more the happy to help, on the Courmayeur trip Gareth was an excellent guide and made sure everyone was having a great time! The panoramic photo idea was so cool, and I can't wait to have it emailed! I do apologise if I haven't mentioned any of the staff but this was the best holiday ever and it was only made possible by the staff, I would highly recommend this hotel for those of all ages and interests as the staff will do all they can to make sure you have a great holiday!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveMcCulloch
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I'm just back form an excellent week at the Sapiniere. The hotel is well located for bus stops and skiing access to the Brevent gondola.
The hotel is staffed by Tommy, Helen and a team of young enthusiastic staff including Dan the bar man. They run a tight ship and are always helpful and cheery.
The food produced by the kitchen team is fabulous, varied, high quality and plentiful. It is accompanied by a good selection of free wine. I've had to diet since coming home!
The room was slightly tired but roomy with plentiful storage. It was quiet and the only minor problem is that it was a bit too warm. There was an amazing view from the balcony.
I'd have no worries about returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Having been on previous Inghams holidays, this was definitely one of the best.
The staff were accommodating, the food was delicious and the skiing was great! As I was with a small group I enjoyed having the company of some of the other guests from the hotel during meal times.
And the only downfall to my stay was a slightly cold shower on the last day which was addressed and fixed fairly quickly.
I would definitely recommend La Sapiniere for anyone looking for a friendly, relaxing stay in Chamonix and would see myself staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Melanie1234567
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sapiniere from 15 to 22 March 2014. This was our sixth week of skiing this season, so we have plenty with which to compare this Inghams trip.

The hotel is ideally located close to the centre of town but far enough away from any potential night-life disturbance. It is close to bus stops to take you to the various resorts of the Chamonix Valley and only a short walk to a button lift that gets you to the Brevent gondola (never any queues there for us)

The hotel has a general air of being a bit tired. However, our room was comfortable, with plenty of storage space; fantastic views of Mont Blanc (for which we paid extra) and a very smart, recently refurbished bathroom. The ambiance in the hotel was great, particularly in the dining room. This was mainly due to the staff, who were without doubt of the highest quality; always doing their best to ensure guests' wishes were met. The quality of the food at breakfast (cooked options every day) and dinner was exceptional, with a good choice of starters, mains, desserts and (free) wine. There was excellent service to match.

We had a bit of an issue with the plumbing twice during the week but the faults were attended to quickly and it would be churlish to downgrade the hotel because of these temporary problems.

We unhesitatingly recommend this hotel as it is currently run by Inghams.

Staff, all of you, take a huge bow!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the rooms with a balcony and a view of Mont Blanc.