“Inghams gave me the best holiday ever”
Review of La Sapiniere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chamonix
La Sapiniere
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Inghams gave me the best holiday ever”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

After 15 years of boarding, going to Chamonix with Inghams with our party of 10 knocked the socks of any other. The staff where so pleasant and kept our rooms spotless with little extras such as leaving kind words of wisdom on their cards everyday in our rooms, and a postcard with Easter eggs left on our pillows. Such a nice little touch. The staff where absolutely faultless. The hotel was a little tired in the old parts, but was not a problem as everything else more then made up for it. At the cost of £480.00 catered with the best food I have ever tasted, friendliest staff accommodating to our every whim. Even put on buses to ferry guests to the lifts and into town. We were unlucky with the lack of riding due to lift owners shutting areas that need not have shut, but the trip put on to Courmayer more than made up for it. The resort was empty, so we had most the mountain to ourselves. Then it snowed. I had the best riding I have ever had and found myself legging it to the lifts for another run. To top it all, we where lucky to witness an avalanche off the glacier, have blue skies and 24 degree sunshine all week, exciting runs on the luge and unforgettable experience on the water chute. Inghams made all of us very happy bunnies and made the holiday very memorable. Well worth a look at the amazing Glaciers.

Room Tip: One overlooking Mont Blanc at the front of the hotel.
2 Thank Wannawombat

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
London
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have just returned from our holiday here. We were a family of 6, ages ranging from 48 down to 10. I am a first timer to the ski scene and therefore have no comparison, however, having spoken to other pro holiday skiers it would seem that this hotel was one that is hard to beat! Whilst parts of the hotel was run down, the scenery, staff, food and efficiency made up for this. If you are there solely to ski, this would not be a good time for you, as some of the resorts are closed and you are limited on where you can go. This said, everyone seemed to be able to ski if they so wished, albeit at not so many resorts! I had booked for ski lessons for beginners but there was a bit of confusion on this point and ended up having a 3 hour private lesson. Whilst the instructor was excellent, it wasn't enough to go off on my own. I would therefore recommend some lessons be done before you go, or no doubt it wouldn't be a problem at the height of the season.
The ski passes for all areas can be used for trips as well, however if you are just looking to ski in one area and at this time, it would be cheaper to buy them daily as they were half price due to the resorts closing early (14:00).
The staff at the hotel were fabulous!!! Nothing was too much trouble!!! We would like to thank Tommy, Helen, Gareth, Charlotte, Kirstie, Beth, and James, as well as the Kitchen staff team... for making this holiday one to remember and for making us feel so welcome!! Apologies, if I have missed anyone out! We know some of you will be moving on, and wish you well in whatever you do or wherever you will be! Hopefully the team for next year will be just a good (although you have set a very high standard!). Check in and out, excursions, information, logistics re getting everyone to the slopes were carried out brilliantly!
The hotel itself is in some areas in need of some TLC, but the water was hot, the rooms were warm and clean. If you need your room luxuries, this is not the place for you. For us, this was very comfortable and roomy. The views were breathtaking and you were a short walk from shops, restaurants and bus stops.
The catered element for this holiday exceeded any expectations... a good selection for breakfast (cooked option, cereal, juices, croissants, toast, yogurts etc.), soup and cakes in the afternoon, and 5 course meal in the evening.... so good that my younger son didn't always choose the high tea option and preferred the adult one (that is really saying something as he doesn't like to try new things!).
To summarise, I cannot praise the staff enough, lots to do for non skiers too, brilliant all round hotel and if we can go back next year, we would not hesitate!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mrsbangers
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spent the last week of the season in La Sapinere. I have to say that this was the best value for money of any ski trip that I have been on. Having organised trips for the past 30 odd years all others pale into insignificance with regards to the quality of service, friendliness of staff, quality (and amount ) of all meals and general ambiance. More like a family run enterprise than one chalet within a huge company. All the staff made the week memorable, from the manager Tommy to Helen, Charlotte, Charlie, Beth, James, Kirstie, Gareth, Luke and the main man Daniel(barman).

The food was excellent. Breakfast both hot and cold, afternoon high tea, canopies and aperitifs, dinner to die for. If you want to shed some weight, this chalet is not for you.

Although it was spring skiing, there was still plenty of variety on the three main ski areas in the Chamonix area. Also Courmayeur is covered in the ski pass and was well worth the visit during our stay.

If you want value for money and service with a smile, La Sapinere is the place for you.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 40, great view of Mont Blanc. 43 & 41 also have this.
Rhosneigir, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough of this place, really. As a rather difficult group of ten, we were treated to some of the best staff I've ever holidayed with. Every single member were pleasant, beyond helpful and catered to our every whim. I do agree that parts of the building itself need some work (during the last night you could hear many people attempting to leave for buses, but as most people don't get up at 5am this isn't usually a problem most nights!), however the service received absolutely made up for it. On the comment forms it asked if there was anyone that particularly deserved mentionning - I did name several of the staff including Gareth, Tommy, Beth and Dan for being outstanding, however I never found out the names of the catering staff and they all deserve a special mention as the meals were just superb, and even provided veggie sausages at breakfast! Well done, guys. Easily the best skiing trip I've ever been on and I hope to return again.

• Stayed April 2014
Rhosneigr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Eight of us stayed here for the last week of the season.First thing we noticed was that the rep,Gareth was in fact Eddie Izzards twin.To his credit he put up with me for a whole week without cracking.All the staff were great fun and looked after us really well.My only issue was that we were in the old part of the hotel which has yet to be renovated,though Tommy,the manager did say they were addressing this during the summer.Tho whoever came up with the idea of laminate flooring on old floorboards needs shooting as the ceiling creaked like an extra from The Addams family every time the people above walked around which was a pain when I was trying to sleep.The deficiencies of the building are more than made up for by the quality of the staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you are thinking of booking a skiing holiday in Chamonix then look no further than La Sapiniere. This was without a doubt the best holiday I have ever been on. As a group of 10 people we were not sure how we would be welcomed as sometimes when arriving to places in big groups this can be off putting, but not at La Sapiniere. The staff at this hotel were the most incredible people I have ever met. Every whim was catered for and all this was done exceptionally and most importantly with a smile.

The entire team of staff at La Sapiniere were extremely conscientious and made sure that everyone enjoyed their stay so I would like to say a huge thank you to; Tommy, Gareth, Charlotte x2, Dan, Helen, Kirstie, James and Beth. When we arrived at the airport our coach was waiting and we departed nice and quickly from Geneva airport into Chamonix, whilst on board our coach Gareth, who was our Inghams rep at La Sapiniere introduced himself and began explaining all the procedures with regards to lift passes. Gareth then came around each group and you could purchase your lift passes there and then which was a great way of doing things. When we got to our hotel check in was simple and we were allowed to drop off our bags nice and quickly to start getting used to our new home for the week. The town of Chamonix was fantastic, lots of things to see and do and some great places to eat and drink.

The next thing that must take a huge mention was the food at La Sapiniere. Every morning you had the choice of a full cooked breakfast as well as a vast array of the continental breakfast which I have to say was fantastic. Then between 4.30pm-5.30pm afternoon tea was served and this was no ordinary afternoon tea, there was soup cold meats and cheeses a selection of breads, cakes, cookies and as much tea and coffee as you could drink (although tea and coffee was served all day). The evening meals deserve a special mention as these really were fantastic. Every evening your meal started off with aperitifs and canapes in the bar and then at 8pm you were called through to dinner and I have to say this was some of the best food I have ever eaten with such a great choice for everyone. You would never have thought that the head chef had left a few weeks ago so it just goes to show how well the team managed together.

Our room was very good, we had room number 43 which I must say had one of the best views of Mont Blanc I have ever seen. Our room was cleaned everyday by James and me and my boyfriend enjoyed reading our little facts that James left us each day. On the last day of our stay James had left us a postcard thanking us for our stay and this postcard will be a brilliant reminder of just how much we enjoyed our holiday. The entertainment put on by the staff was fantastic we had a bar crawl night on the Monday to allow us to get to know the town and the staff and it was fantastic, we also had a quiz on Thursday night which was brilliant fun so much so for us as our team won.

I have to say overall this was the most enjoyable holiday I have ever been on and I would encourage anyone who is thinking to going to Chamonix then this is definitely the place to stay. You will not be disappointed with your choice and I can definitely say that we will be 100% returning next year and hopefully for a few years to come.

Once again a massive thank you to all the staff at La Sapiniere, what ever you all go on to do I wish you all the best for the future.

Kim Metcalfe & Chris Rudd

Room Tip: We had room number 43 and it has the most incredible views. Any room on the front side of the hotel...
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel was amazing and the staff where really helpful! The food was probably some of the best food I've ever had and after noon tea was the best!Great for skiing and lots to do in town although if you go when we went the Q For the grand montets was very big.

Room Tip: The higher room you get the better view but the more tiring it is to get to after a day of skiing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family