We booked into Les Aiglons for a long weekend, and on arrival, I must confess I was disappointed to see the Best Western sign outside, something I had not realised on booking. The only other disappointment I was to have during the 4 days was the dull beige corridor leading to the room, giving a cell block appearance. A lick of brighter paint would work wonders here! Once inside, the rooms were bright and airy, and spotlessly clean. Our superior twin overlooking the pool, and with superb views up the valley was perfect. The standard room allocated to number one son ovelooked the road, and had a slight smell of cigarette smoke.
Staff were very friendly and service excellent. Breakfast was good, and there was an option of indoor or outdoor seating. The pool area and pool were clean, though on a hot summer evening after a day of walking, the 35degree hot tub was overpowering.
The hotel claims green credentials, and "carbon balance". Among the many environmental measures are wood chip boilers for the heating, recyclable bottles, low flow plumbing and awareness training for staff. Staying in an area like the Chamonix Valley, with man encroaching ever more the the delicate balance with nature, it is good to see a hotel taking such steps, and this in itself will encourage many to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Refuge des Aiglons with its 107 rooms attracts mountain-lovers and families, both in the summer and winter and a clientele more studious during the mid-season thanks to its spacious seminars rooms. As well as the restaurant and the bar, the hotel offers the services of a genuine mountain SPA, outside swimming pool, steam room and sauna in the garden of the hotel, body care centre and fitness area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Refuge des Aiglons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Les Aiglons Resort And Spa
- Hotel Les Aiglons Chamonix
- Best Western Chamonix