I wasn't too impressed with this place. First, we paid for a standard room, and received a single room. This isn't a huge deal except there is a 50 Euro/night difference in price. The pictures online show this nice big room, but that is certainly not what we got. Also, the place advertises that the room includes a plug adapter... this is also not true. I didn't really care too much as these are petty things until I we were treated SOOO rudely by the spa staff.
We went to the spa in order to use the hot tub. We had just walked in the door when a female employee came out and started yelling at us for not being guests. We explained we were guests, and she continued to reprimand us until we decided to leave. If she had just politely asked us for our name and room number, then this too would have been no big deal. Instead, she yelled at us, insulted us, and demanded we follow her to the front desk to confirm our reservation. It was super insulting. The next day the same woman politely led me to the hot tub only to inform me was broken. Why did she wait until I was outside in the snow to tell me it was broken?
Anyways, we plan to go to Chamonix next year, and I hope to avoid the Aiglons. There are plenty of other beautiful places in town, and I don't need to be insulted by a spa employee. Also, don't go to the spa under any circumstances. It's overpriced for bad service... there is a lovely woman in town (Anne) that gives massages right in your hotel room for a reasonable rate (http://www.massage-chamo….) I got one as a surprise for my boyfriend and he said was the best massage he has ever received. Plus, she was nice!
As far for the Aiglons, one star because the front desk was helpful, and one more for the location, which was perfect for us since we didn't have to haul our ski gear too far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Refuge des Aiglons with its 107 rooms attracts mountain-lovers and families, both in the summer and winter and a clientele more studious during the mid-season thanks to its spacious seminars rooms. As well as the restaurant and the bar, the hotel offers the services of a genuine mountain SPA, outside swimming pool, steam room and sauna in the garden of the hotel, body care centre and fitness area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Refuge des Aiglons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Les Aiglons Chamonix
- Hotel Les Aiglons Resort And Spa
- Best Western Chamonix