It comes as a surprise to me that this hotel got so many positive trip advisor reviews. Aside from its location next to the ski bus, the hotel isn't up to par with a 4-star Standard. I would give it maximum 2 stars. My first complaint is the shag carpets in the room. It was so hard to sleep, because of the dust from the carpets, which have probably been the same for 30 years. Secondly, there is no temperature control in the room and it was hot like a sauna, despite it being mid January. As there is no sliding door to the balcony, it's almost impossible to keep the balcony door open, unless one would like to sleep with no blinds. On that note, there isn't even a proper blackout blind and just an old drape which barely covers the full window. To all skiers out there, I wasn't impressed with the Ski Shop and opted to rent skis elsewhere down the road. In essence, i've travelled all over the world and this is probably one of the worst properties I have ever stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Refuge des Aiglons with its 107 rooms attracts mountain-lovers and families, both in the summer and winter and a clientele more studious during the mid-season thanks to its spacious seminars rooms. As well as the restaurant and the bar, the hotel offers the services of a genuine mountain SPA, outside swimming pool, steam room and sauna in the garden of the hotel, body care centre and fitness area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Refuge des Aiglons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Les Aiglons Chamonix
- Hotel Les Aiglons Resort And Spa
- Best Western Chamonix