We were 3 women travelling to Chamonix. We reached the hotel via Chamexpress car.The car dropped up in front of the hotel.This hotel is near about 15 minutes walk from the train station.The train station also is the place from where all the buses to different points of interest leave.
There are some very good budget restaurants and cake/bread shops near by within 5 minutes walk. We visited 'The Petite Kicthen' which is recommended by the trip advisor.This place is really very good as mentioned in the trip advisor.The train station is not at all intimidating like the one in Paris. We stayed in a studio apartment with kitchen facility. The room was very good with a stunning mountain view.You can buy groceries from nearby supermarket and cook your meal as the room is equipped with microwave, all utensils, fridge, dishwasher etc. They also provided breakfast, massage service etc. You can also leave your luggage with the hotel after you checkout free of cost. You can collect your luggage later during the day when you may be ready to more on to a new place during your journey.
People in Chamonix are very helpful.They will help you with directions.You will need to learn some basic french words because not everyone in this valley may know English.
Our room had bed for 2 people.The only thing that I feel could have been better was the third bed that was provided to us.Unfortunately it was not at all strong. We were afraid that it would break anytime at night.Unfortunately we were not able to communicate this to the hotel as we had a very tight itinerary.
But we would definitely visit this very hotel again because we liked all the other possibilities and facilities this hotel could offer.Plus it is budget friendly.
Chamonix is definitely a place to visit if you are going to France.It is a quiet place as compared to the cities. It is not at all intimidating option if you prefer vegetarian food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Suites Hotel with suites from 45m2 to 85m2. In each suite : bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, balcony or terrace, view on the Mont-Blanc range. - Swimming pool - Sauna & steam bath - Fitness - Arcade - Concierge 24/24 - Private underground carpark - Apres-ski bar / Tea room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Les Balcons Du Savoy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Balcons Du Savoy Hotel Chamonix
- Les Balcons Du Savoy Chamonix