“A La Carte Excellence”

Le Vert Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 227 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Vert Restaurant is now closed until the winter season. Travel safe, we look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for your interest and support.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

First night of the summer à la carte menu, and while we've had some great food here in the past, this was really great !

As was the welcome, the service and the price.

All round excellence.

2  Thank Chamonixcaddy

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were staying down the road from the Vert, which had been recommended by our landlady, so we decided to try it out on our first night in Chamonix to save the walk into town. We were so glad that we did! Liz was friendly and efficient and great at explaining the wines and dishes on the Menu du Jour. The choice wasn't huge, but there was a good variety of bar snacks and burgers (including a vegi burger which was pretty enlightened compared to most places!) and the Menu du Jour, which changes daily, was good value at 22.50 Euros. We all chose this, and with it, a recommended local white wine which was gorgeous. The food was fantastic, baguette and butter provided with it, and all dishes with a twist and a little different. My family loved the belly pork, and I particularly enjoyed the baked mascarpone pudding. All cooked beautifully and served cheerfully in a pleasant, relaxed setting.

We ended up there again a few days later and again had the Menu du Jour, which was just as good second visit. If we're lucky enough to return to Cham the Vert will definitely be on our "to visit" list again: thanks Liz and staff!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

After meeting Liz (we got lost coming into town late at night and she helped us find our hotel) we decided to try the restaurant she manages at Le Vert Hotel. We have pretty high standards--we are from California and have lived in Thailand, both places with great, fresh ingredients and good food everywhere. This was our favorite restaurant meal on our recent two-week trip to France. The salad--cold slices of duck on greens drizzled with an orange sauce--was a fun combination. The greens were fresh and good and the duck was delicious. The main course of turmeric-rubbed chicken was simple and good, and served with perfectly-cooked broccoli and potatoes. We were impressed by how moist the chicken was. I don't eat dairy, so I was going to skip dessert--but they provided two different flavors of sorbet, and nice fresh strawberries. Since we'd talked about the dessert options and my dairy allergy when ordering our meal, Liz even thought to bring olive oil instead of butter to go with our bread (I was going to cheat and have a little butter, but olive oil is exactly what I prefer--so nice that I didn't even have to ask!) This was a great meal, and at less than 25 Euros a person for three courses, it was also quite a good value (especially considering the location!)

1  Thank CaliClimber
Reviewed 2 July 2014

All we wanted was an easy dinner while we watched the World Cup and the sandwich board out front offered just that. But once we looked at the menu we were pleased to see a wide offering from unusual sandwiches to an amazing lamb dish. We started with the cod beignets which were chrispy hot and flavorful. The burgers and other sandwiches tasted great. Yet funny how a very good dinner can be great with a waitress who makes the meal an event. I didn't get her name but wow, thank you!

1  Thank Majabulu
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Basic and not too pricey, just what I was looking for, great bar, lively crowd... Great location, hard to complain when ur sitting in chamonix, having drinks looking at the Alps... Room was small but that's a given, it was clean and I have no real complaints...