“Good Food in a very nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Moustache et ses Filles - CLOSED

Moustache et ses Filles
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Köln
“Good Food in a very nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

A very nice restaurant located in a small side street, beautifully and extraordinarily decorated. We went there twice during our vacation and both times it was great. The atmosphere is nice, the food was great and the service very friendly. We loved the fondue!

Visited December 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Loved the experience and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Friends living in Chamonix took us here for dinner on our last evening. The decor was 70's to your Grandmother's house feel. The wine list is very balanced with hidden treasures. The menu is classic French with hidden surprises. The bone marrow was very well done as was the beef tartare. Delicious evening spent with friends made more pleasant by excellent service.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank SoireeChef
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Best French onion soup in Chamonix.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I found this very quirky restaurant last year and loved it. My husband declared they had the best French onion soup in Chamonix. I went back on Tuesday evening with my brother and parents and once again had very good food. Since last year the restaurant has been extended and a bar area has been added. My parents had the French onion soup which once again proved to be delicious, the presentation was fab. My brother had a chicken curry and I had a very nice seafood dish.
The staff were very friendly and informative and very helpful.
I return to England today but my parents and brother have booked another table at the restaurant for their last night in Chamonix. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“Bad experience - sardines in a tin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I have spent an evening with 15 of my skier colleagues in this restaurant. It was gobsmacking when my starter, sardines in olive oil came in a... Yes.. A TIN! Unbelievable! Pls don't try not even for the sake of a funny pic. Apart of that they screwed up the orders big time...a number of us ordered beef stake...who ordered blue got well done, medium got blue on the plate and so on... They just couldn't handle it... I have actually asked the hotel where I was staying to stop recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Alexandru P
Grenoble, France
“Poor quality for traditional french cuisine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Living in the french alps we have eaten local 'mountain' food many times. We thought we would try this restaurant based on its mixed but mainly high reviews and to eat traditional french cusine. The service, decor and ambience were all good. However, the food was very poor. To start we had onion soup (soup a l'onion). The onions had just been fried and put in stock. They had not been caramelised to give the soup its deep flavour and colour. It was dissapointing for the high price.
For main it was cheese fondue with cepe mushrooms (fondue aux cepes). The bread served to dip into the fondue was the same bread rolls (ones you buy from the supermarket pre cooked) that were served with the soup but torn up into pieces. The bread was still fresh and just dissolved when put into the fondue. Normally rustique bread cut up several hours before should be served so its a bit tough and dry. The number of cepe mushrooms in the fondue were far and few to be seen. There were a few other types of mushrooms in the fondue, all of which were the rehydrated type and were still tough and ate like cardboard. After eating a few successfull pieces of bread roll that didnt dissolve in the cheese we decided to pay the bill and leave.
We didnt have to say anything to the staff about not enjoying the food, it seemed they knew as they didnt ask how the meal was.
We feel that this restaurant is a tourist trap, serving low quality food to many foriegn clients who dont know the difference between the real and their cheap versions.
A very dissapointing experience.