“Simply a Chamonix Must...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moustache et ses Filles - CLOSED

Moustache et ses Filles
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Simply a Chamonix Must...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great wine, great staff, very cool decor, and fabulous food. The staff recommended local wine, favorite dishes and yummy desserts that didn't miss a beat! Food was very rich and you won't leave hungry!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank jessica h

Frankfurt, Germany
“Great food for value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ambiance, food, value, locals--all 10! DELICIOUS food and great wine card. Staff will recommend wines--local to house--you can't go wrong here!

Visited October 2013
Chamonix, France
“cool restaurant. awful service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have eaten here twice. It's a nice little restaurant with a very cool atmosphere (probably one of the cosiest in Chamonix) and the decor is pretty cool with old skis, boots & ice axes on the walls.

The food is pretty good - very tasty - although the menu didn't have a massive amount on it that inspired me - but I chose the steak and it was delicious.

HOWEVER - I am pretty sure that it gave me food poisioning!!!! My boyfriend and I both ordered the same meal, and were both pretty ill for 24 hours the next day. It was the only meal that we had both eaten that was the same, so we can be pretty sure it was caused by the restaurant. I know it's difficult to prove where these things come from, but sometimes you just know that it was something you ate that did it - but what really annoyed me was the way the restaurant dealt with it.

I called them to let them know what had happened and they were really rude. They said there was no way it could have been their fault. It was the owner that I spoke to. I wasn't offered any compensation (for a meal that cost 120 euros for 2 of us), or any offer to come and have another meal. We both lost a day's skiing (we were too ill to leave the house). I hadn't actually been phoning to complain, more to let them know so that they could investigate from their end, and hopefully to avoid it happening to others - so to be met with such an unreasonable response means that I will never eat there again (I live in Chamonix), and I would discourage others from doing so too.

It's a shame as if they sorted out their attitude (the waitress was pretty rude too, initially, although she did manage to force a smile later on in the evening), then it might have been a nice place to eat. Has potential but at the moment, highly unrecommended.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Emma J
Köln
“Good Food in a very nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

A very nice restaurant located in a small side street, beautifully and extraordinarily decorated. We went there twice during our vacation and both times it was great. The atmosphere is nice, the food was great and the service very friendly. We loved the fondue!

Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Loved the experience and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Friends living in Chamonix took us here for dinner on our last evening. The decor was 70's to your Grandmother's house feel. The wine list is very balanced with hidden treasures. The menu is classic French with hidden surprises. The bone marrow was very well done as was the beef tartare. Delicious evening spent with friends made more pleasant by excellent service.

Visited March 2014