“Lovely hotel in Chamonix”
Review of Hotel Le Faucigny

Hotel Le Faucigny
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in Chamonix”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Normally I am very fussy about hotels, and in fact rarely return to one. However, I found this hotel a really excellent choice, and as such thought I would do something I hardly ever do: comment on this site.

The hotel was reasonably priced, in fact so much so that I was worried its quality would be far lower than on the website. When I arrived I found the quality to exceed that promised on the website. The staff were unfailingly helpful, doing everything in their power to assist. I am blind, but rarely need any form of assistance, however on the receptionist noticing this she offered to upgrade my room without charge to what she perceived as being an easier choice for me (I had booked a standard room on the 2nd floor). However I did not need this assistance, but thought it was dealt with in a tactful and thoughtful way. The staff carried all our luggage up to the room and throughout the stay provided us with help on all levels. They were happy to provide local restaurant recommendations, help when my husband suffered a minor injury, offered us drinks when waiting for our transfer on the last day, and generally made the whole experience a real pleasure.

The breakfast at the hotel was not included in my room rate, and whilst I was initially unhappy about this, I soon realised that it was so good I did not mind paying for it separately. This is something that I woud normally never do, but the hotel price was so reasonable that I ate breakfast on several days of my stay. It was a self-service buffet where the food was almost immediately replenished if it was running low. The bread and croissants were bought when needed throughout breakfast from the nearby bakery. The muesli was excellent, as was the tea and hot chocolate. The only slight quibble I had was that the orange juice was not fresh juice, but considering the quality of everything I feel somewhat churlish mentioning it. Food was plentiful, the fruit was fresh and the service was again relaxed and friendly.

The room, although not on the large side, was very pretty and with views of the Aiguille Du Midi out of the skylight to die for. The shower was lovely, the maidservice good and the beds comfortable. I really could not ask for more for that price.

I have stayed at a great many hotels including some of the best in the UK. I can honestly say that it is one of the best in its class. I hope that by sending this review I do not render it fully booked for my next stay!

2 Thank Lisa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Great hotel. Savoie decor with a wonderful nice modern twist. Breakfast was really good and a step above a standard hotel breakfast offered at other similar hotels.

The walls are a but thin but in general was not an issue as most guests seemed to make an effort to not make too much noise and were in bed early.

Great location and the staff was very professional and helpful.

I would stay there again and recommend without reservation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank EssieWanderlust
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is a very nice hotel , very similar to many small resort hotels in a perfect location. Breakfast was nice and our room was quite large. But what made this hotel unique was the amazing staff. They really made our trip. We were not blessed with great weather in Chamonix, but the helpfulness, caring and most importantly, their cheerfulness made our stay perfect. We have met nice people before on our trips but the consistency of the quality of this team is unique. They also deserve praise for the wonderful complimentary tea , coffee and sweets.

Room Tip: Some rooms back on a commercial area so if you are going to have your windows open and want to sleep...
1 Thank bobg13
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Hotel Faucigny is located centrally in Chamonix and the room we stayed in was very comfortable with a beautiful view of Mount Blanc. It is a bit tricky to find, however if you can find St Michel Church, then you're there...it's right next door. Parking was not a problem and the staff was very friendly and helpful. If we go to Chamonix again, we will stay there.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was on the 2nd floor overlooking the main entrance. It had a stunning view of...
1 Thank bcps7
Auckland
Reviewed 14 June 2012

A gorgeous hotel! Great value. The rooms are lovely, modem and clean, though quite tiny. Great location. The spa was fantastic! Would stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BronSimon
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Wonderful staff. The staff are so friendly and helpful that you want to stay longer.They make the place what it is. The hotel is boutique type. Situated centre of town near bus and train and restaurants.Free car park. Very clean. Free WiFi. Nice spa and sauna. Gowns and slippers provided. Free afternoon tea/coffee. Lovely breakfast with fresh breads, juices, cereals, cold meats, hot bacon and egg, cheese, yoghurts, fruit. Great inclusive packages. We had champagne included in ours! Book with the hotel rather than agencies to get the best deal. Your e mails will be answered immediately. Would definately stay here if in Chamonix again.

Room Tip: Book the superior room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AnnM06022011
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed here one night late April 2012.
Staff were super friendly.
Standard room was a bit small, but very well laid out and a terrific view from the sky window.
Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple