“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Hertfordshire
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 17 March 2008

Just come back from our annual Skiing Trip. 5 ladies looking to be near the shops/bars etc. Booked hotel on the internet going on the photos. Fantastic location centrally located in the heart of Chamonix. Atmostphere was warm &cosy. Although bar could be a little more comfortable for nightcaps. Staff were really helpful and pleasant, including the little Austrian Man. Nothing too much for them and made sure we all enjoyed our holiday.

Parking under the hotel has an interesting in/out ramp, but adequate for our needs, need to be well practised on hillstarts.

Recommend The Terrasse Bar for lively nightlife, good bands and Best Nachos ever. Tom, the glass man, worked really hard and a real gent!

Wonderful trip, recommend the hotel, will be back next year.

• Liked — Proximity to Centre of Town
  • Disliked — Half Board option included set menu with very little choice
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 29 July 2007

This is a classic package holiday hotel, bit anonymous but good standards and nice big rooms. Safe bet but in my opinion quite expensive. Very friendly receptionist though which is nice when you arrive tired and wet (third day of rainfall in the region!)

• Stayed July 2007
Bromsgrove
Reviewed 11 March 2007

My 22 yr old son and I booked the Park Hotel Suisse via Chamonix.net. We were pleased to get a twin room with seperate bathroom and toilet. We then read the review on this site and were worried we had done the wrong thing. Not at all.

The hotel was splended. Traditional, welcoming, warm. The staff (whose English I admit wasn't brilliant), were helpful and friendly. Our room was beautiful, with a mini-bar for our supermarket bought wine, TV, a seperate walk-in wardrobe, which served as a dressing room for both mother and son. Also a huge bath, perfect for soaking those tired aching muscles.

The food in the restaurant was excellent. We spent 3 nights there, salmon one night, lamb chops another and on our last night we had a grill/stone at the side of our table where we cooked our own steak and chicken with helpings of salad, fresh bread and french fries.

My only agreement with other review is that there was indeed a small Austrian waitor who I think had escaped from an episode of Faulty Towers "Mr. Faulty!!!!!".

We will be back and can't recommend the hotel enough.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank Mumz
Warwickshire
Reviewed 28 February 2007

Eight of us stayed for three nights in late February. The hotel was clean, efficient and on the whole very friendly, save for the small Austrian chap with the moustache, who was rather surly. They were rather lacking in teaspoons but the restaurant was good for breakfast and dinner and the girls at the bar did their job efficiently and with a smile.

The bedrooms are not huge (this is France !) but they were clean and had everything that you could want including channel 66. One of our crowd, Tim, will be back again, but whether it will be with us or Ginty we are yet to find out. AQA didn't have the answer to this.

We will be back next year !

• Stayed February 2007
1 Thank Ginty66
london
Reviewed 10 January 2007

This hotel has had many mixed reviews.. I have stayed in all sorts of hotels from luxury to budget for those who think this is bias.

This Hotel has had bad reviews on service - but i guess we may have been lucky or they have new staff there. We found the staff to be nice and friendly...

The nighttime porter, the waitresses and the recption were very nice and helpful. One old waiter was quite forgetful.. dont order from him.. couldnt even get a coffee order right.

some receptionists english isnt too good.. but hey,, its france.

drinks at the bar was very quick and they seemed to look after us very well. (we were a stag party of 5 guys) and they didnt mind us playing poker until the early hours or arriving back early in the morning drunk. (obviously we were well behaved lol)

the location of the hotel is great.. the shuttle bus that goes to the slopes is literally 100 metres away. the hotel is right in the center of town. the main club Le Garage is literally a 5 minute walk. late night partiers will enjoy the hot sandwich shop around the corner from the hotel which opens until 2am. the kebab shop is very close to Le Garage which opens until 2 as well.

the casino is 200 meteres away in the main square and a few nice bars between the hotel and Le Garage.

the rooms are a little small, but cozy enough to get a good nights sleep. also one can check out in the morning, then ski all day and pay 3 euros for a towel to go have a shower.. (for those with a night flight)

overall we found the place to be good value in a great location with friendly service.. surprinsgly considering the previous reviews. as i said, maybe we were lucky or they have addressed the previous issues by hiring new people.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank delcheung
San Diego
Reviewed 6 January 2007

I stayed at the hotel for a few days over the New year's weekend. I wasn't too impressed. The staff was not rude, but they were not particularly friendly either. After confirming that we were NOT going to have dinner at the hotel for New Year's eve, the extra fee appeared on our bill (it was taken off after 10 minutes of arguing).

The hotel facilities itself are marginal. There were power outages on 2 of the 4 days that we were there. They charge for use of the sauna (I think 10 euro for an hour). It was clean and the temperature was fine.

The location was the best part. It is just a half block off of the center of Chamonix. And just across the street is the Tourism office. The bus stop is about a block away.

All in all, I wouldn't say that I was disappointed, but when I go back, I'll try a different hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — WI-FI charge is 7 euro for 1 hour, 30 euro for a day. There's free WIFI at the coffee shop around the corner.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Phu P

Travellers are raving about these Chamonix hotels

Cambridge, MA
Reviewed 10 October 2006

I didn't stay in this hotel, but I put down a required deposit for a reservation and cancelled it on time for full refund. At the time, I received a cancellation confirmation email from the hotel. Later, the hotel sent me "NO SHOW" email insisting on keeping my deposit money (they indicated that usually they charge 100% for no show). Supposedly, my reservation had not been cancelled. What made me decide to post this message wasn't because they made a mistake, but the lack of care and responses afterward. Even after I forwarded their cancellation confirmation email I didn't hear from them for a few days. That was when I filled a complain to my credit card company.

Stayed September 2006