“Decent and Relaxed”
Review of La Moraine

La Moraine
Reserve with
La Moraine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 231 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We wanted to find a low key restaurant with decent food, friendly service, convenient location, casual. and this did well by us. It exactly suited our needs and desires.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just revisited Chamonix after 2 years, and I wanted to take my family to La Moraine as I enjoyed it so much when I visited with my friend last time. We were pleased to see it had expanded since 2012 and had a large terrace at the back as well as the small one in front. The friendly owner was still there, and just as helpful and pleasant as he was before.

The menu still had a lot of choice, but we went for the local specialities: 2 had the set menu for 26 Euros, and my husband and I shared a fondue. The starters and tartiflette were very well received and the fondue was great. We had a local white wine with it, which was really nice and not bad value, and we all had the house "mousse au chocolat noir" to finish which was amazing. I'm so pleased that the place lived up to my memory of it!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Charming atmosphere , we spent a lovely evening! Excellent food and sensitive service. We will go back there for sure!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We only stopped for a drink!! And we ended up several drinks and having dinner there.
2 of us had the 3 course meal and we had the local dish called tartflette(I think!1 it's made up of cheese, onions and potatoes in a sauce),it was very yummy. Followed by a crème Brule(to die for!!) It was cheaper to have 3 courses than to have just the main dish!!

We went back the next evening and it was shut for 2 days!! We were disappointed!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

So nice to go somewhere with a range of dishes to choose from. We found this was lacking in other venues. A lovely location and the food delicious. Would definitely recommend. Such a shame it wasn't that busy.