“Not the best place for tourist, food good but service was just frustrating”
Review of Green Soft Bar

Green Soft Bar
Ranked #22 of 233 Restaurants in Chamonix
Price range: US$6 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We dinned her for lunch one afternoon and the food was good but the service was frustrating. They have a handful of Panini to choose from and some salads. No one in the restaurant spoke English, or at least, pretended not to. So we tried our best to convey what we wanted which was two Panini and two salads. We did get the Panini and those were good but never received the salads. As we went inside to pay we waited in line and as it was our turn next four locals, who were sitting right next to us, walked in and cut right in front of us. They took their sweet time chatting and paying, so 5 minutes later it was our turn again. He tried to charge us for the salads and because of the language barrier it took a bit to say we never got them. So again after 5 minutes of trying to explain to him what happened we were able to pay and leave.

It was just a difficult restaurant for tourists. We are very seasoned travelers and understand how to communicate in other languages but when there are SO many in town that are very accommodating and tasty I would NOT recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I always stop in Green Soft Bar when I am back in Chamonix. The coffees are the best in the valley and the sandwiches are original and tasty. It can be a victim of its own success and get a little busy but the food is always worth the wait.

All of the ingredients used in the sandwiches are of the best quality and freshly prepared. The hams are fantastic as are the cheeses. I make sure to buy some of Paolo's delicious chorizo and Parma ham when I pop in for a sandwich so I can take some home with me. I would recommend to try the yoghurt as well, it is lovely ! If you need some lunch or a snack, definitely try Green Soft Bar.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Green Soft Bar is a great place for grabbing a fantastic coffee/light meal or a snack. The coffee is absolutely amazing, a proper Italian coffee - thick, creamy and delicious. In my humble opinion definitely the best coffee you can get in the Chamonix valley. The food is also very good, made out of fresh ingredients and for the price of a chip sandwich offered by many Cham's fast food places. They also make a great home made yogurt which is just yummy! The service is also excellent and friendly, you might have to wait a few more minutes when it's busy but what you get is certainly worth of the wait.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband and I sought out this bar based on positive Travel Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The owner was very helpful and explained the various menus to us. We ere with another couple, and each of us took something different . The food was tasty and prepared with very fresh ingredients, and the prices were very reasonable. This is not a standard tourist restaurant, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Highly recommended for a light meal.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The best capuccino's in Chamonix! Run by an Italian guy Paolo and his wife. They make sandwiches and salads using fresh regional and local ingredients. Orders may take some time but at least you're guaranteed real, fresh ingredients and served with a friendly smile and warm welcome!

1  Thank LG74400