“Meh. I didn't like it.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Meh. I didn't like it.”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I can't say anything less than average coz I went there with a bunch of mates who enjoyed it. But the food really was not great. I saw all of their meals, too, and none of them looked like something I'd wanna pay for at a restaurant. In saying that, it is fairly cheap so I spose you get what you pay for. But, Poco Loco, Midnight Express and l'Annexe (all in Chamonix) are far cheaper than The West and they're burgers are all bigger and a whole lot yummier!
Service at The West was actually pretty good, though, nice enough staff. Most of my friends did like their meals, the Caesar salad my girlfriend got was actually pretty good, too, but there were a couple of other girls who weren't very impressed with their meals. Mine just didn't taste right... Not a bad place, but I would definitely not reccomend it. If they had some Americans there it would probably be a lot better, more authentic obviously, and that's coming from a guy who isn't a huge fan of Americans.

• Visited December 2012

Normanton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, decent prices!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice, once in the evening and we went back for the lunch time menu a different day.

Both times the food was really nice, big portion sizes!

My only niggle was with the lunch time menu, basically a salad or cheeseburger (salad was amazing!) a coffee and a dessert is what is offered.. Which led us to believe it was a choice of 'dessert' from the menu but it wasn't.. The dessert was just a plain doughnut, which was disappointing when i'd eyed up the orea cookie cake haha!
Overall a great place though!

• Visited April 2013
Dublin
“Unpretensious Tex-Mex”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Had the lunch special great value at €9.50.

Home made cheeseburger decent size with a salad and chips.

Nice outdoor seating in the sunny courtyard.

Visited March 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We spent the season in Chamonix. Went there with 15 of us and one of the best meals we have had all season. Gutted we didnt find it earlier !!

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK.”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

OK. I'm from "The West" and it's average. The atmosphere and service was great. True west is huge portions, quality meat, fresh buns, and applewood smoked bacon.