“Great takeaway pizza”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We popped in after a late arrival in Chamonix. Ordered pizza and garlic bread to take back to the apartment. Had a couple of beers while we waited

Friendly staff. Delicious food. We recommend it and will eat there again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Every component of everything we were served was either prepared so far in advance that it was disgusting (eg coleslaw), or taken straight from a pre-packed frozen catering pack.
We ordered fajitas and a burger - the burger was cold and tasted awful, even the corn on the cob had a bizarre 'off' taste. The fajita were not much better but hot at least. Portion of guacamole & accompaniments extremely mean. The 'cheese' was not grated cheese but that highly processed bizarre orange American squirty paste. No sour cream, when I requested it I was given a tiny portion of a creamy-coloured salad dressing, ranch style perhaps, but definitely not sour cream.
Didn't venture a cakey-style dessert (unusual for me, but after the abysmal main course I didn't want to risk another disappointment), so I can't speak for them. I went instead for a little tub of Ben & Jerry's from a special B&J's freezer they had on display... better the devil you know...!
Good attempt at American style decor, and the service was very good indeed.
Just don't expect haut cuisine...

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Being American, it was nice to have some American food for a change and this place was really good! No more expensive than any other comparable restaurant.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Ok; burgers may not be your first choice in a French alpine town, but sometimes you need something familiar at affordable prices. The West can be the answer. Friendly staff who can speak English.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I can't say anything less than average coz I went there with a bunch of mates who enjoyed it. But the food really was not great. I saw all of their meals, too, and none of them looked like something I'd wanna pay for at a restaurant. In saying that, it is fairly cheap so I spose you get what you pay for. But, Poco Loco, Midnight Express and l'Annexe (all in Chamonix) are far cheaper than The West and they're burgers are all bigger and a whole lot yummier!
Service at The West was actually pretty good, though, nice enough staff. Most of my friends did like their meals, the Caesar salad my girlfriend got was actually pretty good, too, but there were a couple of other girls who weren't very impressed with their meals. Mine just didn't taste right... Not a bad place, but I would definitely not reccomend it. If they had some Americans there it would probably be a lot better, more authentic obviously, and that's coming from a guy who isn't a huge fan of Americans.