Fantastic location in the heart of Chamonix - a quick walk to top restaurants and less than 3 minutes to the ski bus! Charming Alpine-esque decor, good sized rooms and beautiful common areas. Good sized ski room with decent lockers for each room and nice pool/hot tub area perfect for apres ski. Speaking of apres ski - great spread set out each afternoon/early evening with a nice selection of cakes, savoury appetizers. The lounge in the back is a great place to reconvene after the day and make evening plans.
Very nice staff who were incredibly helpful on booking restaurant reservations, answering ski questions, getting tickets, lessons etc.
A few lessons learned about the hotel and chamonix:
1. Eggs at breakfast are included - not readily apparent from the menu but we had scrambled eggs and omelettes as part of breakfast. (some people have commented on the price of breakfast but I thought the buffet was very ample and good value)
2. If your party has a mixed variety of skiing abilities, le Tour or Les Houches are the best bets.
3. Intersport ski rental location delivers and picks up from the hotel! and you get a 20% discount as a guest - nice!
4. Altitude sickness exists :( - our entire party almost passed out and/or threw up when we took the cable car up to the Aguille du Midi. yuck!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hotel des Alpes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Chamonix