We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Cold Fusion Chalets
Ranked #2 of 30 Chamonix B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was my first holiday with Coldfusion and I wanted to stay in Chamonix. Prior to travelling I was sent a welcome pack with all the important information needed prior to the holiday and advice as to how to find my way out of the airport arrivals hall and meet up with the airport transfer company that Coldfusion use and had booked me a transfer with.

On my arrival I was met by the chalet hosts Bobbi and Andy and was offered a warm welcome and a drink and then shown to my room. I stayed in one of the upstairs rooms in the roof space sharing with another guest and having use of a shared bathroom downstairs that would also be used by two guests in the adjacent room.

My room itself was warm and cosy but had enough space to allow you to spread your luggage out. The room was clean and tidy, the beds were comfy, and the room had two skylight windows that allowed for ventillation and cooling as the room did get quite warm when the heating was on or lots of cooking was being done downstairs. There was one small issue that became very obvious on arrival and that was headspace in the room. I struggled to stand up straight in the room due to the low roof beams and weight bearing beams that ran through the room. I did bang my head a number of times during the early part of the holiday but as the week went on it happened less. I did pay less for the room compared to the other guests who went for the en suite bathroom option so overall I would say the room was very good value for what I paid.

All the food produced by the Bobbi and Andy was superb, restaurant quality food and could not be at all faulted. I loved the fact that there was always some tasty cake, biscuits or bread on offer at the end of a day on the slopes along with tea, coffee or fruit juice.

Bobbi was very helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. I needed some AAA batteries as the ones in a piece of kit I needed to keep with me on the slope were running out so Bobbi went and raided the chalet equipment to find some for me until I could buy a pack of batteries in town the following day. It was things like this made the customer service top notch for me.

The transport to the different ski areas by was excellent as well. The chalet minibuses were also another top part of the holiday that allowed us to be taken to where we needed to go or to help us get home from the ski area's or other parts of the resort.

The other great thing about the holiday was the guests. I stayed in the chalet that housed 18 people and this allowed for everyone to find a group of people of a similar level or doing the same thing but we all got on really well and I really enjoyed the social aspect of the holiday.

If you have any doubts about booking then don't worry because as far as my experience goes with coldfusion, I was very well looked after in a superb chalet with excellent hosts and lots of likeminded people.

2  Thank Philip M

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Second time with Coldfusion in Morzine... absolutely brilliant....this time chalet hosts were Mark and Oona- a wonderful couple who were enthusiastic about everything and nothing was too much trouble. Mark even carried my skis when we spent one day on the slopes with them! They cooked imaginative, delicious and colourful dishes and rolled out of the chalet one week later and a few pounds heavier! Oona's cakes are legendary! I stayed in the same room as last year and mentioned that it would be helpful to have a mirror in the room,,,,,,,,,, well I guess my comment was digested and a mirror was found in the bottom of the wardrobe this time- 2/3inch square! Not quite what we hoped for but at least we could apply mascara to one eye at a time!

1  Thank worldywoman
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The whole setup here was great. The chalet staff really make it, with amazing chef skills and food every day with inclusive wine, and cheap drinks after meal. Big long table for fun communal eating for up to 18. Outdoor hot tub and sauna, pool and films in the bar downstairs. Board and boot room in the cellar. The chalet guys also came out with us on a few powder days showing us some great spots. Chamonix is amazing resort and the conditions were just snow snow and more snow every day:-) I had the cheapest room, shared with another guy in the eve's which was small. I deduct 1 point for the smoke drifting into my room stinking my stuff out every day. Minor point which didn't spoil an otherwise perfect holiday. deffo coming again.

Room Tip: Pay extra 50% for a single occupancy if your bothered or avoid the chalet 1 top floor rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Beefybabes
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I was apprehensive before I booked. I hadn't skied for two years and was concerned that I might not have anyone to ski with at my level. I was also worried because of my age = well above 45. I read the reviews before I booked in September 2012 and read the recent reviews from this winter season 2013 before I left for Chalet 2 in Chamonix-Mont Blanc. I went on a Beginners/Improvers week for snowboarders and skiers but there were also experienced skiers and boarders staying in the chalets. All I have is praise for Cold Fusion: for the owners, Steve & Nicky, for the chalet hosts (Fliss & Mark), one of whom is the qualified chef (Mark), and praise for Kevin who drove us to and from the different skiing areas, and for his sense of humour. The chalets are in Les Praz just outside Chamonix at an attractive 20 minute walk into town along the river if you feel like a stroll. The nearest ski lift is Flegere. We were taken their by minibus but it's close enough to walk to. If we wanted to use the buses, the lift pass enabled us to travel free. We were given the opportunity to experience different ski areas throughout the week. We were looked after, fed very well, wine flowing with the dinner and had generally had a great time. My ski teacher was very good and I made good progress and am more confident. The week got off to a good start with the champagne and canapes reception in the bar in the basement of Chalet 1. Canapes to die for and plenty of them! I appreciated the hot tub and sauna after a day's skiing. In chalet 2 with 9 only guests it was like being at a dinner party every night. Mark's meals and presentation rivals some 4* restaurants I have eaten in. There was no problem having to share a bathroom/Wetroom between four people on the ground floor, and there were two toilets. Apart from the facilities, the care and attention we received, what made the holiday really enjoyable were the guests. We all got on really well across the two chalets, on and off the slopes. We looked out for each other. If Cold Fusion arrange an Intermediate Week next season, I am definitely going to book with them.

Room Tip: Chalet 2, twin room next to the kitchen on the ground floor seems to be the biggest room.
1  Thank Kaiteurfalls
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at the Cold Fusion chalet in Morzine at the end of January and I've been raving about it to friends ever since. Everything was made easy from the minute I got there and it made for a brilliant week snowboarding. Morzine and Avoriaz offered a huge variety of slopes with good parks and great off piste for pow lovers. The transfer to Morzine from Geneva was about an hour and 15 mins and chalet hosts Mark and Oona gave a warm welcome. Best hosts I have come across and they went above and beyond at every opportunity even organising a trip to the local ice hockey which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. Oona's daily cakes are so good they even have their own tumblr site and Mark was a top chef as well as a top boarder. I knew I was in for a good week when I walked and the first thing someone asked was shall we hit the slopes. Felt very fortunate with the group we had as everyone was incredibly friendly and sociable which made for some top days on the slopes. After a full day boarding it was great coming back to amazing cakes and a dip in the jacuzzi to ease the muscles. The rooms were a decent size so no shortage of space for gear. The variety of food was top notch and I can't speak highly enough of Mark and Oona. A huge thanks to Mint Snowboarding and Adele the instructor - loved the lessons and riding the Stash. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank icethinking
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I just had one evening at cold fusion chalets, they all made me feel welcome and the food was amazing! The staff at the chalet are great, basic things like remembering your name and generally just been attentive towards your needs goes a long way in my book!

The singstar in the downstairs honesty bar will keep you entertained if you just want a 'quiet' night in!

I would recommend cold fusion to any of my friends, they really do go the extra mile!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I visited Chalet 1 in Chamonix would live up to expectations - I was definitely not disappointed! Bobby and Alex were the most welcoming, courteous and helpful chalet host/Chef you could wish for - right from the minute we arrived to the moment we left. A continuous smile on the face and cheerful disposition throughout.
The food was simply outstanding - the restaurant food on their night off was simply average by comparison.
The chalet itself is excellently appointed with every amenity - from hot tub and sauna through to pool table, PS3, dart board and music system. Nicely decorated rooms with comfortable beds and soft towels, complimentary slippers and dressing gown.
The whole setup is great - this is not a 'singles' holiday, but a solo travellers holiday! Nice to be able to make new friends and ski together - but still having space for some personal quiet time when you need it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are slightly quieter - away from the 1st floor living room/dining room. No...