“Cold Fusion Les Carroz Chalet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Cold Fusion Chalets
Ranked #1 of 29 Chamonix B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Cold Fusion Les Carroz Chalet”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed in the Les Carroz chalet run by Cold Fusion in the last week of February.

Like others, being a solo traveller I'd worried about what the mix of people would be like in the chalet and knowing that at my fogey like age I wouldn't be able to handle a full on party atmosphere I avoided the Chamonix chalets. I reckon I chose the right chalet as the majority of us ended up skiing in a group all week and we all seemed to be of a mind of relaxing in the evening.

I think that this review might be partly redundant as the rumour is that the Les Carroz chalet won't be continued next season. I think the reason for this is the lack of bathrooms in comparison to the number of people staying, although I didn't find this much of an issue as I'd known before booking that I was going to be sharing with a few people.

The entire booking and holiday experience provided by Cold Fusion was very smooth, including the transfers and getting to and from the slopes each day.

The chalet itself was stunning and had fantastic views. Chris and Angela were our hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our meals were plentiful and tasty (especially the orange cheesecake!) and just right after a hard day's skiing.

Les Carroz links to a couple of other resorts, including Flaine, so there are plenty of pistes to ski on although when the weather closed in on a couple of the days we did find ourselves on the same runs close to home. We did manage a good few fantastic days on the slopes, with fresh dumps of snow meaning we had some corduroy and powder to enjoy having got on the first telecabin of the day.

Downsides? Nothing that you wouldn't have known before booking, i.e. the bathrooms and the 10-15 minute drive to and from the pistes.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip, found it completely hassle free and will definitely recommend Cold Fusion to others. Will probably try Morzine next year. Would love Cold Fusion to do an American chalet too - the lack of American apres ski would be made up for by being in a chalet atmosphere.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
glasgow, uk
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Just back after an amazing week skiing in chamonix. The cold fusion team took all the hassle out of the ski holiday. There was no waiting for a coach at the airport (we had a transport arranged), no queing for ski hire, no pushing on to ski buses (we were driven to and from the lifts, bar etc.). The best bit was the ready made ski buddies to explore the mountain with. Food, bedroom, staff all great - shared with a lovely girl who had an equal enthusiasm for outdoor sports. Pure escapism.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank onlyjustmarried
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I deliberated about booking due to the high price, but could not find any similar professional setups like Cold Fusion, after a few emails and prompt replies from Steve (the CF owner) I convinced myself into booking and wasn't disappointed.

I stayed in the smaller Chalet 2 and felt well welcomed on arrival and then had a champagne welcoming party with Chalet 1, straight away I knew I was going to get on very well with everyone, the average age was about mid to late 30s, which suited me fine!

Our chalet had dedicated hosts – the 'Brownie' boys who were excellent – good laugh, helpful and above all great cooks!

Location was good, we were driven to one of four ski areas each day, including Courmayeur across the Italian boarder one day. I was snowboarding and always found a small group from CF to board with.

One thing I didn't enjoy was the lack of sleep, partly because of my own fault of staying up late socialising with the others, and partly because I was sharing with a loud snorer, and partly because I had the room next to the bathroom with the loud sliding door!

What I loved most about the trip was the social aspect, you can choose to have fun or have a chilled relaxing time. Oh, and also the hot tub!!

More than likely I will book again next season, might give Morzine a try this time!

Room Tip: Don't go on half term unless you're a teacher. Avoid the room next the bathroom due to loud...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Cold Fusion experience. From the minute I was met at the airport by Mountain Dropoffs I knew I was in good hands. I was staying in Chalet 1, the larger of the 2 chalets. My room was a decent size (had single occupancy) and the bathroom although slightly small, was perfectly adequate. Our chalet hosts Andy and Katie just couldn't do enough to help - nothing was any trouble and the food was really great! They will cater for just about anybody! The Brownie's were always happy to help and provided some serious entertainment on journeys to and from the different ski areas.. Look out for Dawnette - she only comes out once a week but she is great fun!
The chalet is situated in Les Praz which is really near to the Flegere ski area (up the cable car), probably one of my favourite ski areas, linked to Brevent and great for folk wanting to do blues and reds. Some of the team (Dawn our rep and Steve the owner) took us all over to Courmayeur for the day on Thursday which was absolutely stunning despite my hangover - Courmayeur is breathtaking and there is something for everyone in terms of runs.
In addition to the wonderful Cold Fusion team, I was absolutely blessed with my chalet mates.. I haven't laughed so much in a long time and really enjoyed everyone's company. Both chalet 1 and 2 bonded really well and I am still chuckling at the antics and carnage of the downstairs bar every evening. I'm missing everyone already! Nothing better than discussing the day over a beer in the hot tub!
Cold Fusion is a fantastic concept and anyone who is considering going, just do it - you'll have an absolute blast! Can't wait to book next year!!
Thanks to everyone for an epic week!!

1 Thank louloupitt
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have to be honest that I do feel let down by this skiing holiday and this is mainly due to the hosts and ski rep for Chamonix, Dawn. I wish that I had booked to stay in the smaller chalet with the Brownies as they had an amazing "can do and will do" attitude. They went out of their way to ensure their guests were getting the most from this holiday.
The food was good, although homely and not gourmet as suggested online. I also feel that we were moved on very quickly every night from the dining room to another room so that the table could be laid for breakfast the next day, this was shame as this broke up conversations and the atmosphere.
Perhaps my biggest gripe would be that anyone who booked ski lessons was told at the welcome meeting that they would not be able to have a cooked or hot breakfast as they would be leaving before the staff were ready to serve...perhaps a reduction on price should be offered if this is the standard or the staff could have started slightly earlier?
Finally Dawn the rep was very keen to point out that she should not be contacted between 10 and 4 every day as she would be skiing or sleeping! She was grumpy and did not represent Cold Fusion well. Steve was very helpful and ensured he had a presence for guests.
I met some lovely people on this holiday and did enjoy my break but not sure I will book with Cold Fusion again.

Room Tip: Don't pick the mezzanine rooms as they are very noisy.
6 Thank DrJelly
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Have just returned from a great week skiing in Chamonix with CF! Have met sooo many lovely,friendly people and have been well looked after by the amazing chalet hosts - and anybody that has been before knows I am talking about the AWESOME BROWNIE BOYS!!

Yummy food, beautiful location, big smiles all around :) I have laughed so much this week (on and off the slopes!)

Thank you Cold Fusion - The princess will be back soon!

3 Thank Izzy_D403
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I first discovered cold fusion a few years ago and stayed in the smaller chalet in Chamonix and had an enjoyable week. So when a friend approached me this year about a ski trip but announced she'd only done a few days ( this was my 10th trip) I thought the cold fusion formula may work again.... And it did!! We stayed in Morzine and both had a brilliant week. The chalet caters for 10 people and is quite small and cozy but has all that you require, including an indoor hot tub put to good use by several of us, when we had to leave the mountain early due to torrential rain and a thunderstorm!

JJ and Ben were great hosts. They've done it for a few seasons now and make things seem effortless. Not only did they organise the essentials for us in terms of equipment and passes, they provided personalised drop offs around the area, suggested nice evening activities (torch lit parades, ice hockey games, micro brewery visits etc) and cooked up some great dinners.

I've not been to Morzine before but would most definitely return. It is a traditional village with access to an extensive ski area, catering for all abilities. I had lessons with ESF in the morning and then would usually meet the other chalet guests for the afternoon. The cold fusion formula of providing a holiday for like minded people who love the mountains works brilliantly and I would definitely book with them again. (I forgot to mention that 2 of the guests staying during my week were already return customers to the chalet, so the team are obviously doing things right).

Out of my 10 ski trips, this was by far one of the most enjoyable and I wouldn't change anything about the week I had (other than wishing for slightly better weather). I wish I could go again but it seems others already know how good Morzine is as it's fully booked for the rest of the season.

Ps they have a private masseuse that comes in a revives tired bodies during the week. I've never had that option available before so decided to try things out. It was an excellent investment!!