“Perfect in every way!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Cold Fusion Chalets
Ranked #2 of 30 Chamonix B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is my second time in chamonix with cold fusion.

The owners Nicki and Steve are lovely. They make sure that every request is taken care of. All the challet hosts make sure you are looked after. Nothing is too much trouble. I requested a quite room and as soon as I arrived the challet host Dawn came to me and said she had given me a room upstairs away from the communal areas.

The food is amazing. No matter what your dietary request the chef makes sure your needs are taken care of. I don't eat cheese so each time there was a dish with cheese I was given an alternate option.

There is sauna and hot tub which is on in time for when u get back from the slopes. The local pub is really nice but if you fancy a quiet night in there is a tv room where you can chill out, watch movies or play pool.

Something for every one and perfect in every way.

One of my best ski trips ever !

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank hamidal

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Couldn't rate this holiday & Cold Fusion any higher :)
Such an amazing trip for people who love the snow & love great places with great people. Would recommend everyone do a Solo trip at least once .... I would almost say its better than going with friends (but don't tell them that!!!!!)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Excellent holiday with cold fusion, a perfect way to go skiing for single travellers. A great atmosphere.

Advanced week - we were skiing in groups of 5; 3 days off-piste with mountain guides - a great skiing experience.

Food and wine great. The staff attitude fantastic.

I read a comment on Dawn that she may have been a little 'grumpy' in the past - my feeling is that she works very hard… Anyone could be a little grumpy if worked so hard. She was so helpful - assisted me with finding my phone, everyday was giving useful advice where to ski; even helped me choosing a right ski boot fitting shop, arranged an appointment and gave me a lift! Thanks Dawn!

So I highly recommend ColdFusion.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I could write volumes. The food is out of this world, the hospitality is beyond what I expected, the facilities are perfect, the entertainments by the chefs made the holiday for me (brownies thankyou). The trips were organised and executed professionally. Even the small touches like help yourself to cake and tea after the slopes makes all the difference to a warn out snowboarder. The jacuzzi hot tub with a beer chatting to the other guests was just perfect. I felt at home within minutes and will DEFINITELY go again next year if not before. Thanks guys for an awesome week.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Guest_customer
Reviewed 30 March 2014

What more can I say except.... The food was fantastic (it was a good thing that we skied hard); transfers were EASY; the staff was friendly and accommodating and; for a solo traveller, it was great. I used Trip Advisor and the earlier reviews were accurate! First time to Chamonix, so this was perfect. Jackson Hole is one of my other "homes," and the terrain at Chamonix amazed me. We had guides for 3 days for Off Piste adventures. What fun! This place is HUGE!

2  Thank Anne T
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had the most amazing week ever with cold fusion! As my first snowboard holiday i was nervous about the skiing itself also travelling as a solo traveller. However, from the moment i walked into the chalet i felt at home and knew this was going to be an awesome week after meeting one of the hosts, sam. She and George (brownie) couldn't have been more accommodating. Anything you want, its done, with a genuine smile. Not to mention the food! After having seconds and thirds every night i got to know that the food was the best I've ever had in any accommodation in any hotel. Beautiful 3 course meal every night! And if there is something you're not too sure of (spicy etc) they'll make sure you'll have a great alternative.

One of my main nervs before i went was my age. I thought i'd be way younger than everyone there but even though i was the youngest, it really didn't matter! Everyone is like minded and every person in the chalet was lovely! :)

They also made your days as easy as possible. There are two vans that will drive you to the piste you want every morning and pick you up at the end of the day. There was never a moment that i struggled to get where i wanted, it was fab! The hosts local knowledge was very helpful too as they'd be able to recommend the best piste for the conditions! Very handy!

I know it sounds crazy but i cant see any (even tiny weeny) negatives about this place. Everyone is great and I'd recommend it to anyone, of any age!

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs in chalet 2. i had a brilliant nights sleep every night, it was never noisy etc.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just back from a great week in chamonix. Very impressed the organisation from Cold Fusion, very slick from booking to airport transfer to ski. I was on the beginners progression week. The lessons were really good and my skiing certainly improved as a result. Our ski instructor - Sebastian was excellent with a really good teaching style and very friendly, collection for lessons was prompt and it was great fun and he pushed us just the right amount.

The chalet was reasonably comfortable if basic and the hot tub a very welcome addition at the end of each day. Our chalet hosts - the Brownies were hilarious and full of boundless, infectious enthusiasm. They related really well to the guests both as a group and on an individual basis and they can cook for me anytime - food was brilliant! They really went above and beyond - nothing was too much trouble. They rather made up for the fact that the main organiser for both chalets was somewhat less friendly and approachable, coming across as rather jaded as has been mentioned in previous reviews.

Only one very minor point and probably only really an issue in chalet 2 (the smaller one) which you may want to bear in mind if it is important to you. The bar is in chalet 1 and it is a soundproof area for partying which is great. However if you are in chalet 2 it is obviously disruptive to the evening to trek over to chalet 1 and there is no set time to turn off music etc so what tends to happen is the party atmosphere continues in the main kitchen area till quite late. Obviously that can be great but it does rather remove the option of going to bed early if you want to as the walls are very thin so you may find yourself staying up a lot later than you would wish after a hard day skiing.

All in all though, a great experience, met some lovely people and the surrounding area and ski slopes are just beautiful