Hotel L'Oustalet
Hotel Le Faucigny(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$85
  • Spa
US$154
US$142
Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$85
Le Morgane(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$111
Official Website
  • Pool
Le Refuge des Aiglons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$94
Hotel l'Heliopic(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$105
  • Pool
Hotel de l'Arve(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$82
Chalet Hotel Le Prieure(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$78
  • Restaurant
US$323
US$316
US$100
US$88
  • Pool
All reviewstea roomrice puddingmont blancnice lawnminute walkboot ski roombalcony viewan extra bedlarge terracecentre of townbus stationbalcony doorweather conditionssummer seasonsteam room and saunahotel roomwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 August 2013

You can do better in Chamonix. It's not appropriate to recommend another hotel here, but I've stayed elsewhere and had a much better experience for the money. My wife and I came to Chamonix last summer and were so overwhelmed by the beauty that we came back this year. After researching Trip Advisor, we decided to try this place because they had a large outdoor pool with a view of the mountains. (Out daughter loves to swim.) Besides the pool however, Oustalet doesn't have much else to offer. The staff are very nice, but this can't make up for the lack of quality or amenities. The rooms are small as are windows and therefore views. The carpet in the hallways, while not overly important, are so very old, that they stand out in a bad way. The place in general needs to be refreshed and likely made more comfy. It's a bit too bare bones as well. There are lots of unusual rules as well, such as 'no food in the rooms.' Do they really expect us to throw out all the food we brought? Also awkward was the floor plan, and various issues like the bathroom door opening right into the space where you need to be in order sit on the toilet seat. Maybe we're just spoiled here in the states - this would not be up to city codes, let alone up to customer expectations. Other bizarre things occurred, like the vacuum cleaner hose was left in the middle of the hallway in the mornings. Not having towels for the pool available was frustrating as well, especially when they didn't tell us to bring down the room towels. And having Chlorine soaked towels double as our bath towels is not appropriate. It just seems like they are a bit too casual here and are saving money by skimping on minor things that, when strung together, end up being kind of major. There is also a renovation going on in a multistory building next to the pool. There was some noise and a bit of dust that came over from the project. The workers move very slowly - I hear you can't be fired in France - which ended up being a good thing for us because in the U.S. this kind of project would have been a HUGE annoyance! As I said before, you can do much better. The staff are kind and pretty cool generally, though one questioned if I was a hotel guest when I had just talked to her the night before. (I asked her to take the pool cover off and then went to my car to retrieve something and was on my way back in.) Never had this happen before. I guess if you like simple and very down to earth, this place could work.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wonderer777
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel L'Oustalet for 4 nights with my husband and 3 young children. We had two rooms each with a balcony and a wonderful view of Mont Blanc. It is a very peaceful place - it was wonderful to wake up to the spectacular view each morning and to hear the birds chirping. The children loved the pool while we relaxed under the umbrellas on the lovely green lawn whilst ordering food and drinks from the hotel cafe. Chamonix town is a delight and is a pleasant 5-10 minute walk away with numerous eating options. We had a particularly good meal at Le National in the town centre. The Aiguille Du Midi cable car is only a 5 minute walk as is the train station and the cable car for Le Brevant. I would definitely recommend this hotel for travellers with children and will hopefully be able to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Mont Blanc
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days in June. The hotel was lovely, the room simple, clean and charming. We had a balcony overlooking Mont Blanc and the view was beautiful.

The weather was very hot for the first four days of us being there and the room was very warm, to the point of being uncomfortable - even with the balcony door wide open. However, this did mean we got to use the pool in the afternoons which was an added bonus we weren't expecting. Cooling off in the pool with a beer after a long days walk couldn't be any better.

The hotel is five minutes walk from the center of town and most restaurants. We tried breakfast at the hotel on the first morning but found the range disappointing and thought it was overpriced. We went out for the rest of the week.

Overall this was a lovely place to stay and one I would have no problems recommending.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I based our Chamonix adventures out of Hotel L'Oustalet. Over the course of about a week and a half, we were in and out of the hotel (staying in alpine huts when we were not in Chamonix) - we stayed in 3 different rooms at L'Oustalet total, and found each room to be pristine and comfortable. As advertised, all of the rooms we stayed in had balconies (some more spacious than others) that faced Mont Blanc. There's free wifi, television, and hair dryer in the rooms (I find that not all small hotels have hair dryers in the rooms). The reception staff was kind and helpful - our plans changed and we ended up switching nights, and they graciously accommodated our request (and let us check into our room before noon). As other commenters have said, the location is great. The hotel is not in the center of town (we liked it better this way) - instead, it's a short walk to shops and restaurants, as well as lifts (we walked to Brevent and Aiguille du Midi). We ate out in the downtown Chamonix area most of the time - we did have breakfast one morning at the hotel, and thought the buffet was extensive (mostly cold foods, but quite the selection). Will definitely be staying at Hotel L'Oustalet when we return to Chamonix, and will without doubt recommend to friends traveling to the valley.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A bit old, rooms pretty boring, but in an expensive Chamonix, this was just fine. A pretty area back of the hotel with a decent pool overlooking Aiguille de midi. 5-10 min walk to the very heart of Chamonix. This was summer, I don't know about winter. The walk towards the lifts are easier whithout skies. Overall pretty decent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business