Chalet Hotel Hermitage Paccard
Hotel Le Faucigny(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$85
  • Spa
US$154
US$142
Chalet Hotel Le Prieure(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$78
  • Restaurant
Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$85
Le Morgane(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$111
Official Website
  • Pool
Le Refuge des Aiglons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$94
Hotel l'Heliopic(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$105
  • Pool
Hotel de l'Arve(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$100
US$88
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmont blancbeautiful hotelwarm hoteltown centrewalking distancesauna areaexcellent breakfasthard days skiingmain buildingbalcony viewafternoon cakesperfect locationmodern bathroomski locker roomgood sizeeach eveningspecial thanks
Reviewed 14 August 2008

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Hotel Hermitage Paccard and have to say this is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. It is a striking and attractive hotel both inside and out. Conveniently situated in a quiet area just 5 mins walk to the centre of Chamonix. We loved the peaceful atmosphere in the hotel garden where we enjoyed cake and coffee after a hard days walk. Our room on the top floor was a good size, tastefully furnished, clean and tidy with a lovely balcony and great view of Mont Blanc. Food was excellent - delicious buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. Dinner was superb! Staff were all very friendly and made us feel welcome.
Overall this is a wonderful hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank StevenG_8
Reviewed 27 March 2008

My friends and I booked this hotel last minute for our recent ski break to Chamonix and it was absolutely delightful. The hotel has breath-taking views of the mountains and slopes, and the rooms were cosy and comfortable with lovely traditional decor of beech wood and dark pine. I stayed in a deluxe twin room with lounge. The breakfast was delicious - a mix of hot and cold cutlets, croissants, cheeses and fresh bread. It was worth the 13 euros per morning. We also made full use of the sauna.

The hotel is only 5 minute walk from the main centre, a stone-throw away from the local ski shop to hire your equipment from and 10/15m from the popular slopes (depending on the piste you want to try out) Only thing I would recommend is if you're going to the hotel by taxi from Geneva, print out a map for the driver as when all the road signs are covered in a blanket of snow, it's quite difficult to find. But overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank Sabsno1
Reviewed 10 February 2008

The hotel is located 5-10 mins from the train station and very close to the town centre. We have booked the double rooms for 4 people, located across the main hotel on first floor. The interior was nicely decorated with wooden furnitures and wooden floor boards. The bathroom was big with corner bath tub, excellent way to end the tiring day with a relaxing bath and plenty of candles to lit as well.

The only downside was that due to the floor boards, we can hear the footsteps of ppl staying upstairs. We can hear them walking back and froth all night, and we can also hear the ppl walking up the common staircase as well.

The other annoying experience was that we left packets of chips on the coffee table and was gone when we came back at the end of the day. I was hungry and was looking forward to my snack and realise they must have mistaken it for rubbish?! (but it was unopened !!) Anyhow, I didn't bother to question the staff but I would suggest things should be kept in the luggage.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bunnyegg
Reviewed 29 January 2008

Booked a last minute stay in Chamonix just after New Year's, and was scrambling to find a last minute hotel. Called the hotel directly after finding them on the internet, and was able to get 3 nights in a standard room.

Drove to the hotel from Lyon, and was easy to find. Hotel is a short 5-10 minute walk outside the very centre of Chamonix (very close to train station), but still very accessible. Hotel has a parking lot right out front if you have a car.

Very pleasant and cosy welcoming area. Our check-in-agent was quite unfriendly, and not really the least bit interested in providing any sort of information or assistance, but not a huge deal because we didn’t need any help at the time. The next morning, we inquired about local directions, skiing, etc, and the other staff bent over backwards to help in any way they could.

Our room was quite tiny (1 king size bed), and for two people with ski clothes, was a bit tight navigating around. Had a small balcony, but was a bit cold to enjoy that. Bathroom was very nice, modern, and despite the overall size of the room, it was comfortable, clean, and was a nice welcoming room after long days outside on the slopes. Also, heat appeared to be centrally controlled, and it got very warm in the room at some points. Cracked the door open a bit to cool things down though, which made it ok.

Overall a nice stay, would consider staying there again if I go back, especially as I felt the price was good compared to other properties, and overall quality was nice.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelt1903
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I stayed here during autumn for a few nights. A very friendly and warm hotel, run by the family Paccard, it looks pretty unassuming from the outside. The hotel is located along a small, quiet side road about 500 m from the Chamonix Gare SNFC station. You can choose either to cross the train tracks and walk down to town or to take the shortcut through the opposite car park to get to the other side of town. It was quite easy for me to find the hotel even in the evening, and there are ample private parking spaces in front of the hotel. There were no problems checking-in, I was shown to my room within 5 minutes.

Rooms - There are a few categories of rooms and I booked the double room facing the Mont Blanc for about 130 euros (low season). The room is quite spacious, covered with wood panels and fully renovated. There is a large dressing cupboard on the right as you enter, a bathroom with bathtub and shower and a small separate WC on the left. There is also a safe deposit box near the bed, a plasma TV opposite the bed, a table and chair next to the TV and the large central heating next to the balcony door. The room was warmly heated up even when it was freezing cold outside. The balcony is large enough for two sundeck chairs. The only problem I had - I was in the room directly below the large neon sign of the Hotel, and it was switched on very brightly during night. They have a central heating, and sometimes, during the night, it can get too warm. The bright neon light can be slightly disturbing in the evenings. The bathroom and WC are completely refurbished with ample towels and they supply their own range of "Alps" toiletries and amenities set to the guests. Housekeeping came everyday at noon.

Dining - You can dine at the breakfast room for a few extra euros. I was glad that this was not some 2 croissants breakfast like the ones we get in Italy, Switzerland or in Paris. It was a huge buffet breakfast spread, with European breads, coffee and cheeses and America orange juice, bacon, eggs and ham. The breakfast room overlooks to the Mont Blanc and the little garden. As I learnt later, guests could choose to have their breakfast in the garden when the weather was warm. There was also a restaurant, where guests could have their dinner (well, dining and wine is Very, very important to the French, and I've heard some saying that they won't even stay in a hotel if there were no restaurants around!). I never tried the restaurant, but instead went out with the lovely American couple I met there out for dinner at the “La Brasserie le National” in the town centre, which served excellent traditional fare and wines. There is also a small bar in the lobby where you can sit and enjoy your wine with - Chocolat. They had a very impressive range of chocolat from a local Chocolatier.
It was a pity that I had to leave. Five days of mountain air and hiking did me really some good, and now I had to return to busy Paris. The Hermitage Paccard was one of the best family-ran hotels I've ever stayed in and I promised the Paccards that I would definitely be back sometime in winter :)
Defintately the crème de la crème hotel in Chamonix!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo