“Fantastic meal”

L'Atmosphere
Ranked #29 of 259 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: au restaurant l’Atmosphère, au cœur de Chamonix Mont-Blanc. notre établissement entièrement rénové au printemps 2021, vous reçoit tous les jours, toute l'année à déjeuner ou à dîner. Ambiance cosy et véranda surplombant l'Arve face à la chaîne du Mont-Blanc. Nous vous proposons une cuisine raffinée, dans un cadre contemporain et chaleureux.
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We had a fantastic meal at this restaurant. The decor is also very warm, inviting, and romantic. This is an upper level quality place. The cuisine is Italian-fusion. One of the better meals I've had in more than a few years.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

One good place to have dinner in Chamonix. We came in with no reservations but the staff were nice to accomodate us and even arranged for a place as we requested - next to the river side. Everything we ordered were heavenly . The rack of lamb, steak, cod were all the best we had in Chamonix. Topped with the best profiteroles!!! Can't go wrong with Atmosphere. Ambience is warm, food is good, staff are nice, service is great.
A must try!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We were on our own for an evening with a group tour. I had read quite a few reviews of restaurants in Chamonix but none really impressed me. L'Atmosphere seemed like the most promising and It was great. We arrived without a reservation but the hostess found us a table right before a group of about 30 were scheduled. Our waitress was warm and professional giving us great wine and food suggestions. Unfortunately I can't recall our dishes, but everything was delicious and service was great. I would definitely go back if in Chamonix.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I dined at this restaurant as part of a Group. The Menu was pre-set and consisted of Tomato Gaspacho and Daish. It was very pleasant even if Gaspacho is not to everyon'e taste. The alternative main course was pork cheeks served with pasta (an unusual combo for me!). Desert consisted of a house special comprising Ice Cream and Bread and Butter pudding. Overall I enjoyed the experience of dining in a Michelin restaurant. Staff wee pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We went to both and Atmosphere was much better and guess what, they both have exactly the same menu. The difference, in my opinion, is management. Atmosphere had better service and better, you guessed it, ATMOSPHERE! The reason they have the same menu is the chef left Atmosphere but left the quality there. I believe there are a thousand ways to go broke in the restaurant business, but the number one reason is MANAGEMENT! Why do chefs think they can leave and all the customers will follow them when they know nothing about running a restaurant? So if you come to Chamonix and you want Savoyard quisine, go to Atmosphere.