“Food brilliant, room average”
Review of Le Vert Hotel

Le Vert Hotel
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Melbourne
“Food brilliant, room average”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The location is pretty good for the price - out of town but right by a bus stop and train station so getting to the slopes is pretty easy if you don't have a car. The staff are very friendly and were happy to help with most things. The on-site ski rental shop is very handy and saved us the hassle of having to go into town for our gear. The skis were fine as far as I could tell, and the boys in the who were very helpful.
Our room was pretty small for a double, and the en suite was tiny, with a sink barely big enough to wash your hands in. We were a bit unlucky to be above the bar as well, so we had music coming through the floor every night.
The food is the reason to come here - we had tasty and good-value meals every night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank georgegreenhall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from a great week in chamonix. Le Vert Hotel was ideal. Ski hire place on the premises that can also supply lift passes. The bus stop for main route to all ski areas is just outside the door. If the horrors of the chamonix ski bus are too much then the hotel can arrange pick up and transfer for you. The hotel itself is well decorated and the bar and restaurant area have a great atmosphere. Best of all the food in the restaurant is amazing! Full gourmet feasts and especially if you go for the daily menu brilliant value! Staff helpful and friendly, even kept a room available at their inconvenience to allow us to take a shower after a sneaky extra morning on the slopes before a late transfer to airport.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FraserCool
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Recently returned from Le Vert and must say what really makes it a stand out is the fantastic staff and friendly atmosphere. If you are looking for somewhere a bit different from the bog standard complacent tourist trap then this is for you! From start to finish they could not be helpful enough with literally everything from best places to visit, to restaurant recommendations, to advice on ski instructors. The hotel has a real buzz and was a great place to spend time in. Don't be put off by location, the centre is only 15 minute stroll and the free cham bus service stops literally outside the hotel. Also there is usually a staff member around to drop you to the centre all with a smile! Martin :) The rooms are clean and comfortable, great lively bar and the restaurant is not to be missed-best food we found in Chamonix and very good value.
Will definately be returning could not fault it! Thanks to Richard and Liz and all the staff for a memorable trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Esher, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just got back from Le Vert this weekend, my first stay in hotel, will defiantly be going back. 15 minute walk from chamonix centre you will find this buzzing hotel , the food is of a very high quality the bar is lively with great atmosphere and the staff quite simply cant do enough for you. They have an onsite ski rental shop which is a major plus and the staff in the shop give good advice on to which slopes to visit according to conditions, if you don't want to catch the ski buses they even lay on a mini bus for you for a small fee. Rooms are quite adequate and clean exactly what you would expect in a ski resort. All in all this was a great find and would recommend you give it a go .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This has to be the friendliest hotel that I have ever stayed in. The staff all made a point of chatting to you, which for a single traveller is fantastic. I stayed here at the the end of February, which is a pretty busy time and yet the atmosphere was very relaxed and calm. The hotel is spotless, and although it seems small my room was actually quite large with an excellent shower.
I had a bit of a n accident on the slopes during my second last day and I was amazed by the reaction. The hotel staffed booked appointments, drove me to the hospital, provided me with bags of ice etc etc. I simply could not have asked for more. Thank you to every body at Les Vert, I hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: Try to get the second floor, as it can get a bit noisy on the first.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Having searched fairly last minute for accommodation for a long weekend, group snow holiday, Le Vert Hotel was suggested. This turned out to be the perfect base!
Pluses:
• Pay the extra for a room with a balcony and view of Mont Blanc. I didn’t see the other rooms but I would definitely pay the little extra for these rooms again.
• The hotel will do everything for you!
o Private transfer to/ from airport at very competitive rate (Flying from Scotland this allowed us to be on the slopes by 1230. For 6 of us on the return journey it was about the same as the group transfers).
o Shuttle bus to/from the slopes (I think 3-5Euro depending on resort). The Chamonix buses are busy! This service, at least 1 way, is well worth the cost!
o There is a ski/board shop onsite. They shut between 1100 and 1300 but will try to stay open for you if you contact them in advance.
o You can buy your lift passes a the onsite ski shop
o They hired us a helmet (for our 1 non helmet owner) for free.
o They run a shuttle into the town centre on Friday and Saturday nights
o They’ll make you a packed lunch for a small price
• The ski bus stop is right outside the door. This isn’t brochure speak, it is about 5m from the hotel driveway.
• There is a very nice bar where they show sport
• The onsite restaurant was amazing and the best meal we had in Chamonix! It’s not cheap, but nothing in Chamonix is!
• Our room was lovely!
• There’s a board storage room
• The staff are great! So friendly. So helpful.
• It’s only a 20 min walk into town
Negatives
• It’s a 20 min walk into town (This doesn’t bother me but I know some people might want to be central). There’s not a pavement the whole way into town.
• There was a little delay getting an initial response about our booking. Persevere with the booking! It’s more than worth it!
• There’s no sauna or Jacuzzi to relax (I can’t believe the hotel is this good that I have to use this as a negative!)
I loved this place! We had 3 rooms between us. The 2 doubles were pretty big and comfortable. I didn’t see the twin but I think it seemed a little smaller, as you’d expect, due to the 2 twin beds; I’m glad I booked them the larger twin. Breakfast is included and sets you up for the day. The staff are all snow crazy and couldn’t do enough to get us on the mountain as soon as possible! This included clearing their meeting out their office to let us all get changed in it as we were too early to check into our rooms!
I can’t wait to go back to Verthotel. For money, this is more than I’d expect in Chamonix!

Room Tip: I would pay the extra for the balcony room with view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Our group of 8 blokes stayed at Le Vert for 4 nights. The rooms are as you'd expect from a 2 star hotel - clean and functional. What really shone were the staff, who manage to combine a relaxed attitude with genuinely friendly and quick service. The food was outstanding too, and the Manager Liz knows her wine. The minibus service also deserves a special mention. Chamonix has 5 ski areas, but it's bete noire is the overcrowded and unreliable bus service that you need to use to get to these, even if you're staying in the middle of the town. While Le Vert is out of town, it's turned this into an advantage by offering a minibus drop off and collection service to the lifts, which for a few € gives you more skiing and less hassle. The drivers also run a regular evening shuttle to and from town for apres-ski, although Le Vert does a pretty good job of this itself with a funky bar and restaurant area and enough going on in the evening to make it a good place to hang out. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Some of the twins are on the small side so if you're in a group think about the triples, which a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends