Hotel du Louvre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$97
US$99
US$291
US$152
  • Pool
Hotel de l'Arve(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$100
Travelocity
US$549
US$329
US$126
US$119
Travelocity
Chalet Hotel Le Prieure(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexcellent locationhotel offersstar hotelrecommend this hotelhotel roomsmall hotelyogurta great place to stayski tripski busalpsbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I was supposed to have a room without bathroom, but to my suprise we had a nice room with own bathroom. As I mentioned the hotel was renovated some time ago and everything was clean nad nice. The walls are quite thin so especially you can here what is happening upstairs.
The breakfast is modest and the young lady serving it and taking care of reseption appeared to be very unaware about everything.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We just returned from a 8 day trip to Chamonix. We stayed in the Les Aiglons 2 years ago, which is a great hotel, but we wanted something cheaper with a better location.

The Hotel Du Lourvre is 20 steps from the main street, in the center of town. So the location was incredible. The hotel was remodeled in the last year, so all the rooms are very clean and modern. Staff were english speaking and very friendly. As others have stated, the breakfast is on the light side. But overall we had a great experience, and the price was right.

I would recommend booking the largest room available. It was just me & my wife, but we booked the triple room. Price was about the same as the double, but we had much more room.

Room Tip: Go big! Book the largest room available, the price is not too much more.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We switched from the Faucigny (next door) part way through a trip in Chamonix (due to a last minute reservation change). At first glance, I expected that the Hotel du Louvre would be a step down: the price per night was notably lower and the decor less appealing. In the end, i was wrong! While the Hotel du Louvre is a no frills place, I was impressed with the hospitality of the staff, the rooms were much more spacious than those next door, and there is an elevator. The bathroom was nicely renovated (but lacked a hair dryer). Overall, the Hotel du Louvre offers excellent value and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I greatly enjoyed the three nights I spent at this hotel. My third-floor room had a view of the Chamonix Aiguilles to die for. I could take great photos while sitting on the bed! I was there during an autumn cold spell. The hotel was warm, and all heating etc worked as it should. Staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, and speak excellent English. I thought the hotel breakfast was slightly meagre, and there is no automatic coffee machine, which means one must ask for each refill. However, that's a small shortcoming only.

The hotel has good parking on-site, unlike many in Chamonix. The hotel is also just 50 metres from the main pedestrianised area of the town. There is a major supermarket next door, too. However, it is in a secluded enough position to be a haven of peace and quiet.

There is still a little more modernisation work going on, but important things, like rooms and bathrooms have already been done to very high standards indeed. Rooms are, I think, on the small side, but this is Chamonix. You won't be spending much time in your room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This Hotel was very clean, with modern rooms. Most rooms have a view of Mont Blanc.

• Stayed: September 2011