“Best kept secret in Courchevel 1850”
Review of La Sivoliere

La Sivoliere
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Courchevel
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Just back from an absolutely fabulous week in Courchevel; best snow in years and fabulous weather. And an integral part of the magical holiday was without doubt due to La Sivoliere which we adored. Florence the manager is fantastic- she keeps a watchful eye on everything and is charming too. The staff are exceptional, polite, smiling and efficient. The concierge Cederic is great; quietly efficient.The hotel is a classic boutique hotel- it's small, chic and intimate, with a beautiful decor, cozy bedrooms and a great dining room. Delicious breakfasts and dinners. And as previous contributors have noted: the best ski room in Courchevel. Brand new skis, boards and boots ( or so they seemed) even in late February. Again great staff who take your skis out every morning and plant them in the snow, and help you put on your boots in the morning and take them off when you return exhausted from a long day on the slopes. And it is literally ski in and ski out. Its also pretty easy to walk down to the centre of town and back...although there are always minivans available to ferry you to and fro with charming and helpful drivers.
If I had to make a criticism it would be that the spa is small and the treatment room - where we had excellent massages with Michelle - can be a little noisy.
But this is a minor criticism. This is a really wonderful hotel where service is first rate...it's almost like a deluxe chalet with all the services of a 5 star hotel. This was our second stay and we will return.

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and 15 were side by side at the end of a corridor on the quiet ie slope side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank jeremy d

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I have been to many hotels in Courchevel. That was my first visit to this hotel. I have absolutely positive impressions of it . It located in a very calm place directly on the slope. My suit was comfortable, clean and right size. The hotel is not too big and makes a very good impression. Food was very good, staff is friendly. Specially I would like to note a very good level of ski room.
For me it is the best ski room in Courchevel so far.
Yes this hotel is pricy but it is value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Arm3strong
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

A lovely looking boutique style hotel in a great ski in and ski out location in 1850. We had a great stay during a very quiet week when it seemed perhaps only 4-5 rooms were in use. Most services in the hotel were fine and the staff were extremely professional and friendly but there were one or two issues. The room was way too hot all week and despite our numerous request they seemed unable to fix it. We opened the windows every evening but then it was noisy early in the morning with rubbish and bottles collection. My main frustration with the hotel was the lack of water in the bedrooms at night and the insane prices from the minibar and hotel generally. More than 30 euros for a club sandwich, 22 for a cocktail and 10 Euros for a tiny bottle of water. The spa is fine and massage was great but very expensive. I'm fully aware that this resort is expensive but these prices are a total rip off and more expensive than I have encountered anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank FreemansLondon
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Our regular hotel in Courchevel was full so we decided to stay here.

This is such an awesome hotel - the decor is incredible, the facilities are top notch and the staff just cannot do enough for you.

The restaurant food is amazing and really there is nothing at all to complain about anything (except maybe some of the prices are a little on the steep side!)

however, we just found the atmosphere a little bit 'clinical'. we have stayed in several other hotels in the area and although the facilities are nowhere near as good the general atmosphere of the hotel is a lot 'warmer'.

Would definately stay here again if our regular hotel is not available.

It really is a beautiful place.

Room Tip: the rooms looking out to the slope side would be a good bet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TRAXUK
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Lovely hotel, ski-in ski-out with the best boot room ever. Fabulous restaurant, we looked forward to dinner every evening. Staff couldn't do enough. Rooms comfortable rather than lavish but just what we needed after wonderful days on the slopes. Super spa.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Robert N
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights, returning from our wedding in a nearby resort. We absolutely loved it. We were upgraded to a suite where the bedroom was absolutely fantastic. They have tailor-made bathroom amneties that are lovely. A nice pool, hamman and sauna (just downside it would have been awsome that the pool actually goes outdoor)...The decoration is a mix of a modern chalet and design furnitures. The breakfast is fantastic, the staff at the ski shop very professionnal with the best equipment.
Finally the service is top class, staff very polite and helpful. They can book you in in any restaurants of Courchevel last minute, you have the usage of the shuttle direct to the city center within a minute, and the concierge is just there for anything you need. I'll go there anytime.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank titiparis01
Reviewed 30 January 2012

To Whom it may concerns,
I really wanted to write you a few words concerning my stay in la Sivolière this week-end.
I came on Sunday, January 22 and we unfortunately had to leave on Tuesday, January 24…What a big shame..indeed..
I was a cabin crew member for ten years and I flew all over the world. This means I slept in many hotels, 4 and 5 stars, and this is the really first time that I feel such a great spirit.
We arrived at Courchevel by coach and it all started with your shuttle drivers who were just so cute and helpful, we then arrived at the reception and Julien and the other receptionist (I don’t remember her name…really sorry) welcomed us as if we were at home…and what a breathtaking home…this is the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen in my life!!! Incredible!!
The different Concierges we had were great too and the beautiful lady advised us a terrific restaurant on Monday night: la via ferrata. We had so much laugh and food was excellent!!A wonderful memory for everybody I think.
Your restaurant was gorgeous and the team was taking care of us like their only guests (despite the fact that there were other people!!). Congratulations to the Chef too: beautifully presented and delicious meals!!
Our activities and meeting room in la Cabane des Bûcherons were terrific, Fabrice and the team just great!!!
You welcome kids and pets like kings and this is really significative: you simply care..
So please do thank everybody for being so caring, helpful and generous towards me and the rest of the group. Your team spirit and service are your strength: keep your precious and discreet employees. We could really see that they love their job as it was just natural for them to help us.
He can be proud of you All!!
With my warmest thanks and best regards from Geneva!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business