“The place to be!!!”
Review of Courcheneige-Hotel

Courcheneige-Hotel
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Courchevel
Reviewed 11 January 2009

It is a paradise to be. I visit this hotel twice a year for 15 years now and every time it exceeds my expectations. The booking requests are answered with effieciency by very friendly personnel .Located right next to the best slopes of Courchevel 1850 the position couldnt be any better.The room that is always assigned to me is spacious,lovely furnished and provides a magnificent view to the mountains .Opening the curtains in the morning makes me feel like in fairytale. The hotel's terrace is the best of the town providing a unique scenery, comfortable sunchairs and excellent food. In the evening you can relax inside in front of a warm and cosy fireplace or watch the sunset through the panorama windows in the spacious living room while enjoying a glass of excellent wine or champagne. The atmosphere is very friendly and familiar and the staff is always there for you .The management team is very competent and handles every request immediately and professionally.They are so friendly ,nice and kind. In general I feel like home. All these facts togehter have made a loyal customer out of me and i'm already looking forward to the next vacation.

Sincerly yours,

Rita Markides

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank RMarkides

Reviewed 6 October 2008

The location is fantastic for keen skiers, the rooms are newly refurbished and are small but good, the management was hopeless.
We had asked for 3 rooms close together. They were spread from the ground floor to the third floor.
We had booked and paid deposits for two weeks, but they were only expecting us for one.
The staff were friendly, but 80% of them didn't know how to do their jobs.
The dinners were terrible, with no choice of starter - always soup - or of main course.
The meat was so poor that a dismayed London restaurant owner volunteered to do the shopping for them, but the offer was declined. Pity. We noticed his party of 15(?) rarely ate there after the 3rd day.
The sweets were mainly bought-in, but were good.
There was a great open fire in the dining room, which would have been nice, but they gave up lighting it because of smoking the place out. Despite being told at least twice that if all the kitchen extracts are running air will come down the chimney unless a windward-side window is opened.
The restaurant service was very poor, despite the Maitre D being the only professional there. He was frustrated by the incompetence around him, and clearly ashamed to serve such poor food with no choice.
We would have eaten out despite the cost, except that the nearest place was over a mile away and you had to walk the first 200 yards of that to get to a taxi, and the last 200 coming back.
The breakfasts were excellent.
One day I came back to find 3 staff in my room, just finishing packing my belongings. They had decided I needed to be moved to another room, but hadn't told me. They same thing happened to several other people.
I overheard a member of staff who knew the WiFi only worked in the Lounge, assuring a prospective guest that it worked in most of the rooms.
I spend about a month in France most years, and the food at the Courcheneige was the worst I have had for many years.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Demonski
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Where do I start. This hotel is located on the highest slope in Courchevel 1850 with a truly ski in , ski out location above the town center. Once you get here, the staff takes care of you completely. From the greeting at the lobby to the ski shop, every one goes out of their way showing true french countryside hospitality !!! The most amazing added part is the food. We got the package that included breakfast and dinner every day. This is no ordinary meal package. They really know how to wow you at every meal. Breakfast is a smorgesboard of delight including french pastries to any custom egg selection. Dinner is a seated, french service meal that truly showcased french cuisine. You will love fondue night ! The only critique I would have would be some of the rooms have older beds and towels, but as we were told all of these were being replaced and should be new by next season. I would not stay anywhere else. Affordable and a step above the rest !!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Courcheneige is found at the highest point of Courchevel (1850). We were greeted and welcomed by the ever so gracious staff. From the General Manager, Robert, and his assistant, Benoit, on down to the exceptional wait staff, all of our wants and desires were exceeded. Food was outstanding! Location, phenomenal! Not to mention the slopes were exquisite. The Courcheneige is a MUST when visiting Courchevel. We are already in the process of planning our return trip.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2008

I can safely give my comment on this hotel, as I have just been back for the 6th time. It has literally been a family holiday destination for me, since the age of 11 - I am now 24.

In my opinion, Courcheniege is the most fantastic hotel in Courcheval. Hard to believe it's only a 3 star destination. Check in is always easy, however, check in times can be a little later (as I recall, 4 - 5 o'clock) so don't rush to arrive early on your first day. We generally leave our luggage (in the event that our room isn't ready) and head to the cosy bar area that has an enormous log fire on the go at any given time. Sit down, relax, sip on some Gluwein and start your holiday!

The rooms are what you would expect in an alpine ski resort. Warm, cosy, clean and homely. They are certainly not the most modern or elegant rooms, however, I don't particularly want that when I go skiing. They provide eveything they should given the location and I feel that they add to the atmosphere of being in the mountains and the cold.

The lift is rather small, but does it's job. Restaurant is awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I rave about the food at this hotel more than anywhere else. Fantastic soup to start, followed by an interesting starter, decadent main course and a delicious dessert buffet - every night. I will be honest, this last trip probably had the most normal or ordinary food - it was still great, but I wasn't as blown away as I was the previous 5 times.

The bar area is lovely as I mentioned before. A log fire burning all day and night, friendly staff, games available on request, or you can just sit and stare at the wonderous mountains through the fir trees, whilst sipping the best cup of hot chocolate that you have EVER tasted.

Drinks are not cheap, but then I always say, when are they ever "cheap" at a hotel.

On to the reason that you're there...the skiing. Being that you are in the highest hotel on the main Bellecote slope, skiing is a treat every single time, as you literally have breakfast, walk to the ski room, put your kit on, walk half a meter outside, put your skiis on, and ski all the way down the main slope into the town. No catching buses or lifts, just ski in, ski out. That was the deal clincher for us. We found the perfect scenario on our first visit to Courchevel and haven't bothered to look anywhere since - nothing can compete. And you really do have a decent ski down into the town, from where you catch your gondolas or telecabine's as they call them to wherever you're off to that day.

For those that don't ski there, you still have a decent amount to do. The town is small, but larger than you think initially. It is full of funny little tucked away street and shops, begging to be discovered. Home to some of the most famous clubs in the area, it's also a great place for a party.

When you go down into the town, remember to visit Le Grand Marnier pancake shop - the MOST amazing pancakes drizzled with Grand Marnier liquor.

If you're looking for a great skiing holiday, this is truely a great choice of hotel to spend it in. The fact that I've been 6 times speaks for itself.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Aimeelloyd
Reviewed 3 April 2008

Just when you thought no one could marry Courchevel glamour with value and comfort, Le Courcheneige surprised and delivered. We recently stayed over Easter 2008 weekend. Not certain what to expect, we arrived to find a delightful hotel packed with value and extras -- and a ski-on/ski-off location nonetheless. The staff is terrific, the rooms are pristine and comfy, there is a great restaurant and food offering, a fabulous deck for lunchtime dining and après, free internet, a cosy bar with overstuffed leather sofas and chairs and the list goes on and on. The on-site ski shop makes hire a dream and there was a nice mix of families, couples and friends. The hotel staff are delightful -- especially Robert the general manager and his lovely assistant Ben. Highly, highly recommend Le Courcheneige but get in early as many people book a year in advance.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2008

having stayed at this hotel in February 2008 for 4 days the best thing about it is definately the location. it is fantastic.

The rooms where adequate and the bathroom small but on a skiing holiday its not like your in your room all day. Spending all day on the slopes, coming back to shower and sleep means these rooms are perfectly fine.

We ate at the restaurant the first night as we were half board there was no choice for the evening meal and you get what you are given unless you choose the a la carte menu and pay the food was generaly ok as long as your not fussy and like raclette (cheese). We chose to eat out the following nights as Courchevel's restaurants are truley second to none - pricey but unbelievably amazing.
Breakfasts where buffet style an met most needs. Eggs cooked to order rnage of cereals and fruit etc.

The bar area is lovely with open log fire and leather sofa's with a nice mood. The rest of the hotel is quite dally value for moneyted but this is a 2 star so what do you expect?

The onsite ski shop is great and the lovely english girl was great too, very chatty and polite. Boots can be placed back in the shop of a night and are nice and toasty for the following morning.

Overall the location is amazing, the restaurant ok and the rooms adequate for requirements.
I would definately return to this hotel as the price for the location is amazing compared to other hotels in similar loacations which are mostly all 5 star and therfore merit similar price tags.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple