Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Trixie3
S Yorks

Fantastic Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Sept 2023
Just returned from 8 nights at this Hotel. It is in a beautiful setting with an amazing view over the lake. The hotel is extremely comfortable and nothing is too much trouble. We had the half board option and the quality of the food was excellent. We will definitely be going back.
Date of stay: September 2023
0.2 miles from Hotel Ermitage - Evian Resort
    £69
    £77
Free Wifi
NewBrand FR e vian les bains region
    £81
    £68
  • Priceline
View more hotels in Evian-les-Bains
1,262 results
All reviews beautiful hotel shuttle service kids club relaxing week tennis courts lac leman stunning grounds spa area is room service fitness room swimming pool business trip lake view excellent stay nice breakfast renovation hammam
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2023 via mobile

Amazing Hotel, amazing staff, amazing room: spacious, clean and comfortable. I was on a business trip and I enjoyed every single minute thanks to the staff of the hotel and the luxurious service. I would definitely call come back again to experience the serenity of this hotel

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2023

The customer service at the hotel, led by Sebastien Caquelard, was incredible. Having stayed there years ago I was excited to see that the sleeping rooms have been updated in great style. I loved the spa, both the fitness room as well as the deep tissue massage I had.
I enjoyed walking down the hill to the town of Evian although the hotel has a no-charge limo to take guests back and forth; the taxi to go up the hill (I arrived by ferry from Lausanne) to the hotel was nominal, maybe 10 euros.
I appreciate the Evian Resort experience with the Hotel Ermitage being associated with its sister-property, the five-star Hotel Royal.
I will happily return to Hotel Ermitage.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2023

The hotel is beautiful, the views are stunning. The food was delicious and the staff kind and helpful.
The rooms are stylish and modern at the same time. There are also excellent sport and well-being facilities.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 February 2023

At first, a very important concern. The area near to sauna, hammam and shower has a sink with water slowly, but consistently, running. Is it a mineral water? Is it a tap water? Regardless, this is a huge waste of water! Nowadays, when all fresh water is so precious, management cannot fix this so that people can OPEN water tap when they need it. Not have it running all the time. Statistically speaking, a dripping faucet can waste up to 75 litres of water a day! And those facets have water not dripping, but running slowly! How can you call yourself a sustainable hotel and put all those messages in the room asking people to care about environment when you are wasting on average 75 +/- litres per DAY! How many days this water has been running? 10? 75 x 10 = 750 litres per 10 day were wasted on average! But, for sure, it is more than 10 days. So, it is hypocrisy. You are not really sustainable.

This big old hotel need renovation of like everything, i.e. lobby, rooms, spa. The kettle, I've asked for, was old too. The bathroom is extra small and the layout is strange. Not enough light and uncomfortable in general. View was on the roof of the swimming pool, not nice at all. Only bed was good in the room. We've slept well. But sound isolation is poor. We've heard kids from the corridor the next morning and God knows from where else. Other rooms?

The spa area is big, but not organised and not looked after. Reception barely acknowledges when we arrived or left. However, other staff were nice and helpful. After swimming pool we were relaxing in the lounge area. And when come back the next day after swimming pool again, the bottles of water (both still and sparkling) were still empty and not replaced. It was about 10 AM, not too early to have it done. The swimming pool has old and unattractive tiles. Jacuzzi is super small, lukewarm water with so much chlorine that I could not stay there for 5 mins. Super small, but cosy sauna. Hammam is too strong, I could not breathe well and had to force myself to stay inside. No experience shower.

The nice part was that the hotel has a special door tag to put when you have your pet in. It alerts the personnel not to enter and not to scare them. This was cute and thoughtful. The bell boy (sorry, I have not seen the name tag) was extra nice and very professional. We've asked couple of things and they were delivered immediately and with polite attitude.

There was an incident where a reception personnel had not understood a very simple question. ( Importantly, I fully appreciate this job and know it is not easy. So, I am always extra friendly and nice to everyone.) So that it was necessary to call three times and to no avail finally had it resolved with a restaurant staff in 3 seconds. However, that person had allowed herself to literally tell me this 'As I already told you...' in a very dismissive way. Honestly, this was the first time in my life I was spoken in this was by a reception in a hotel. That said, this was resolved proactively and everything was better the next morning. Still, first impression remains, because had I not confronted the attitude, it would ha been shrugged under the rug.

Overall, we have still relaxed and enjoyed. But if it was not for a location of a hotel (the city and the hill), the price is not worth it. When we want to come to Evian again, we will try another option.

Room tip: Read all reviews, especially negative, to get the full picture.
Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2023

The location is top and the park amazing. Pity about the kitchen and offering. Any order was wrong - and no one asks you for drinks before ordering food. The room service got it wrong - no cheese (you get cheese); no bun (you get bun)… My ceasar salad was all salad and no ceasar. My wife and son are gluten free and the options are minimal at best - the choice of GF food bismal. It would be so easy to get right - what a disappointment.

Date of stay: February 2023
Evian Resort, Directeur général at Hotel Ermitage - Evian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2023

Dear B1004WNoliverk,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to share your words with us.

We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. Feedback like yours is important to both myself and my team.

I can guarantee you that your comments have been passed onto the team to see whether we need to make improvements and take further action.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hôtel Ermitage.

Best regards,