“Great place to stay”

Residhome Appart Hotel Caserne de Bonne
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here one night with my brother, this was the best of 3 hotels we used during our stay in Grenoble. This place is in the popular French ‘apart-hotel’ style – a self catering/hotel hybrid.

Good:
-A nice residential area with a small supermarket a couple of hundred yards away, city centre is a 10 minute tram ride away, tram stop is 5 minutes walk and the network offers easy access to the centre and outlying areas.
- Rooms large and furnished to a truly excellent standard for the price.
-Kitchenette was excellent and included a half width dishwasher with a couple of wash tablets provided, great.
-Living area completely separate from bedroom area – big plus for this style of accommodation.
Lounge area sofa bed very comfortable to sit or sleep on.
-Contrary to other reviewers, I found the reception staff polite, helpful and good fun!
-WiFi signal and speed were very good.
-Nice view of the Alps from our window.

Bad/indifferent:
-A strict ‘one room, one login’ policy on WiFi – this is a pain in the neck.
-We found the location fine, but it might be a bit of a trek for some to the central area of town on foot.
-Breakfast is acceptable but I feel it was pretty over priced, would take some nice coffee sachets and buy something at a local patisserie if I stayed again.

Overall, I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

This place was booked by my company for my 1 month stay in Grenoble, not my choice.
When I read all the negative reviews on this place, I was a bit worry since I have been relying on trip advisor's review whenever I book lodging especially in Europe.
However, what a pleasant surprise!
The receptionists are friendly and helpful.
I was having problem with my laundry and the receptionist help me to solve my problem.
When I need an iron, the receptionist also lend me with no fuzz!
The continental breakfast is very good with many varieties such as salmon, ham, cheese, cereal, scrambled egg, toast bread, croissant, cake, juice, coffee, milk etc. You will need to pay extra for it, what's new? But it is convenient for me, who need to go to work early in the morning.
I am very satisfy with my room.
There are 2 TV, one in the living room and one in the bed room.
The hot shower is working well, heat up almost instantaneously.
I am loving everyday my stay here!
Not to mention that there are shopping, restaurant and super market within walking distance. Very convenient!
So, do give this place a try :)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had a long stay for a full week at this hotel. My first impression with the view of building and its location was very good. However the reception staff was a bit erratic sometimes.
I had an appartment and it was really good for my long stay. Appartment had a equipped kitchen, sofa and fridge. But I found my colleage staying in the studio on the top floor in the hotel which was really difficult to manage. You just have a window on roof top in these studios.
I was informed that room shall be cleaned once a week. Their cleaning schedule did not allow me to choose weekdays for same, but even on choosing an odd day, the cleaning was never done throughout my stay. Also breakfast during holidays is just not there, nobody cares for the guests on breakfast table, particularly if you are there on holidays.
However, The location and rooms are really good which makes it my choice.

Room Tip: Take care to go for studios on top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank skagarwal74
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We had the 2 room apt for 8 days. Beware that everything costs extra...breakfast, housekeeping, parking. We had to pay in advance and asked for housekeeping daily, paying extra. You must pay to have your towels replaced daily!!! Day after day our room was not done and the reception is extremely rude, the worst we have seen. The staff are condescending and arrogant considering they are thieves since they already have your money. Our room had a broken shower, blocked sink, not enough dishes for four, broken hinges on a overhead cabinet, wi-fi for only one device at a time and the shower was not hot enough even fully pinned. Also the hallways and laundry room are not kept clean. Although advertised to be open 24 hrs, the bar is hardly ever open...and you need to drink to stay here!

Room Tip: Stay away from this one!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I spent four days and three nights at Residhome Grenoble. The hotel is located in a great location near shopping and restaurants. We spent the extra money for a suite and were not dissapointed. The room was modern and comfortable. The staff, however, was inexcusably rude and unhelpful when our car would not start after checking out, and we asked to contact the rental car company using their telephone. The hotel staff went out of their way to be as unhelpful and uncaring as possible, and the bleach blond desk clerk made it well known that she disproved of our using the hotel phone. She felt it was necessary to lecture us on our inability to use American cell phones in France. Unless you enjoy becoming agitated by rude, inept hotel staff who need to be either retrained or fired, I would suggest finding a different place to stay when visiting the beautiful city of Grenoble.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stay here whenever I visit Grenoble - the kitchenette provides a nice change from staying in hotels. The rooms are nicely furnished but vary considerably in size and appointment - from duplex flats with separate lounge area, 2 TV's etc, to small studio's with no window (just a roof light).

They are clean and well kept and good value. The kitchens include dishwasher and microwave and there is free wifi in all rooms.

French breakfast is an option (though I haven't tried it) and there is a small bar that is open in the evenings. Worth noting that there are no meals available apart from breakfast - so you need to self cater or pick one of the several restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The duplex rooms (2nd floor) are nicest, followed by single level apartments (1st & 3rd). The ro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Booked on -line arrived late after 5hrs travelling. No one to serve for a drink. Room small, no window roof light only. Hot cramped, depressing. Sat for breakfast on our own. We moved to Mercure Hotel felt like we had moved country. Suggest you give this a miss.

Room Tip: avoid studio rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple