“Noisy and hot room”

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Grenoble
Lulea, Sweden
“Noisy and hot room”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I was in a single room for 3 nights. There was very noisy from the streets if you open the window but on the other hand there was no air-conditioning in the room. It was above 30 C during the day in Grenoble!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RKV_student

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I spent just one night in Grenoble as a part of a longer trip and I chose this hotel for its convenient location, just in front of the railway station.
The room was large, nicely decorated and very clean, with a small entrance, the toiled separated from the bathroom and a nice and relatively large bathroom.
It was a second floor looking over the station, but very quiet thanks to the double windows.
A water boiler with complimentary cofee or tea was available in the room and on the bedside, as a pleasant suprise, there were a book and a folder with a collection of quotes and some information about some French writers.
The buffet breakfast was not included in the price of the room, it was good but relatively expensive and pobably not worth the price. I'd rather suggest to have breakfast in some cafeteria outside the hotel.
The persons at the front desk were nice and competent, but maybe a bit too "basic", and the guy I met when I arrived was a bit rude when he saw that I don't speak French.
I found an offer on the web, so the price of the room was reasonable, but I think regular prices are a bit too high compared to other hotels in the area.
In conclusion, I certainly recommend this hotel if you find some offer, and I will consider it for my future trips to Grenoble, but I will also check other hotels in the neighborhood befor making my reservation.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank maichi2014
London
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I found this hotel to be very well located, within easy reach of some good restaurants, the town centre and "Europole" . My room was very comfortable & clean and the hotel manager Olivier was especially helpful. I won't hestitate to go back to this hotel on my next trip to Grenoble.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank SWyan
Eindhoven
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Although other reviews found this hotel noisy, my room on the 4th floor was very quiet and clean. Breakfast was as usual in France including croissants, toasts, yoghurt and eggs, but enough for me. Private parking is available on request and there is free WiFi available. My conference was in the WTC/Europole, 5 min. walk to the other side of the central station.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Trekhaak
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We arrived in Grenoble with no reservations and no plans to stay for more than 1 night. BW did provide a parking space and a good location to wander the town. Otherwise, it offers no charm, notihing redeeming.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Boulder_Tara

Travellers are raving about these Grenoble hotels

Allemagne
Reviewed 15 February 2009

They did not want to accept the pre-arranged price. Then they realized they could not hold our booking because they did not have it any more. All rooms were booked out. Chaos. Never ever again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank zurte44
San Mateo Ca
Reviewed 20 November 2008

We chose this hotel for it's location which was perfect as we arrived by train fairly late in the afternoon and planned to go out by noon the next day on the bus, also across the street from the hotel. The room was not large but fine for one night. The toilet was separate from the shower/wash basin room which is fine.
There were about 3 steps up to the elevator level which was OK for luggage transport. The front desk had someone there whenever we went thru the lobby. We had a front room but no noise because of double windows and of course no hot weather to test air conditioning.
We did not pay extra for breakfast and had pastry and coffee just down the block at a corner bar/snack place. We took the tram into the center which actually was not far. The old buildings in Grenoble are quite impressive. We ate in a local type restaurant which proved to be quite unsatifactory , usually not so in France, however the elderly waitress was very nice.
I suppose the fairly high price (without breakfast) was due to it's prime location across from the station as it really had no charm.

• Liked — Location for our need
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple