“Great little family joint”

Restaurant L'Ile Maurice
Ranked #47 of 955 Restaurants in Grenoble
Price range: US$11 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Exotism in your plates! A culinary travel for your taste budsthrough Mauritius food specialties! Authenticity, disorientation and pleasure guaranteed! See you very soon...
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had the set menu and it came with appys, main course and mango ice cream. Great flavours it was like Indian food with a twist of Mauritius.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This little place tucked away in the streets of Grenoble is a real gem; the staff were incredibly welcoming, the deco was kooky and oozing with character, and the ambiance relaxed.
The food is also great value for money (e.g. £18 for a set menu which included a plethora of Asian dishes) as well as being tasty.
This place is moreover authentic; for me, the waitress genuinely cared about delivering a good service.
So, for a different facet of Grenoble's cuisine scene, give l'Ile Maurice a try!

3  Thank Jern D
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice place, I only went there once with two friends but everything each of us ordered was very good, I will definitely go back!!!

2  Thank jojo C
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is the first time I eat the mauritian's food and I'm very satisfied, the taste is very good, the chilli is hot..
and the rhum is the best...

6  Thank Dewi C
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was my first time visit at any Mauritian restaurant, and I must say it was an interesting experience. The food was good but not great, we had a three course meal; "Menu Promenade". I found the food to be a blend of indian and middle-eastern with a touch of french, but I would have hoped that the flavours were a bit more interesting. We had a bottle of red wine, however I would recommend to go for beer with this food.

Staff were super friendly and service was impressingly fast. The atmosphere was warm and seemed authentic, and the three course meal for five people including wine and an aperitif ended up on 125 €; well worth it!

Recommended as an alternative to all the french/alpish restaurants in Grenoble!

4  Thank henris0n