“good ethnic restaurant”

Restaurant L'Ile Maurice
Ranked #43 of 937 Restaurants in Grenoble
Price range: US$11 - US$39
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Exotism in your plates! A culinary travel for your taste budsthrough Mauritius food specialties! Authenticity, disorientation and pleasure guaranteed! See you very soon...
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I travel often to Grenoble for my work – my favourite restaurant there is Tete à l’envers (see my review). Last week, being that restaurant fully booked up, I followed Tripadvisor members’ suggestions, and I checked l’Ile Maurice. Definitely, I was not disappointed! The attire is simple, but tidy and colorful. The place is apparently run by a young couple with a friendly, yet very polite, attitude. At the beginning, I was a bit annoyed by the colored plastic menu which sounds too much of cheap ethnic restaurants, but then the substance is OK! Good food, and good quality/price ratio. The menu is a bit limited, and the wine list definitely so. The place was crowded, with many people that looked as routine local customers. Worthy trying.

1  Thank Pierfranco L

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had the set menu and it came with appys, main course and mango ice cream. Great flavours it was like Indian food with a twist of Mauritius.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This little place tucked away in the streets of Grenoble is a real gem; the staff were incredibly welcoming, the deco was kooky and oozing with character, and the ambiance relaxed.
The food is also great value for money (e.g. £18 for a set menu which included a plethora of Asian dishes) as well as being tasty.
This place is moreover authentic; for me, the waitress genuinely cared about delivering a good service.
So, for a different facet of Grenoble's cuisine scene, give l'Ile Maurice a try!

3  Thank Jern D
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice place, I only went there once with two friends but everything each of us ordered was very good, I will definitely go back!!!

2  Thank jojo C
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is the first time I eat the mauritian's food and I'm very satisfied, the taste is very good, the chilli is hot..
and the rhum is the best...

6  Thank Dewi C