“Great value!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have come to Grenoble every two weeks for three years, and I never tried this restaurant before. Too bad for me! The place is very small and cozy, the food is really well cooked and the service is fast and courteous. I was really happy about what I ate (a nice salad with saint-marcelin, and a main course with fish filet and assorted vegetables, nicely cooked without any greasy sauce, closing with a really yummy soft chocolate cake), but what really left a mark was the price. All the food plus a glass of good wine for less than 25€! This was a set menu, but within the menu there were choices... so go for the menu!
To conclude I will for sure go back: in my experience this is the best value place in Grenoble in terms of French food (I am Italian, and I usually do not eat Italian abroad): maybe you can have fancier food, but not even close to this price.

1  Thank lucafromferrara

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The service, atmosphere and food were very good. It is very rare in Grenoble to find a waiter who helps in selecting food and offer an english menu. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Highly recommended! I chose this place because it was reasonably priced and got great reviews on tripadvisor, and was not disappointed. I had escargot for an appetizer followed by steak tournados and a little tasting platter of desserts for the end. The escargot was cooked to perfection and the basil butter it was cooked in was so delicious we asked for more bread to dip. The steak tournados was also good, the steak very tender and the gratin dauphinoise wonderfully rich. The desserts were all very, very good as well. The chartreuse ice cream was a unique little treat. Only one woman seemed to be working for all the tables so service was perhaps a little slow by North American standards, but this seems very typical in France (and we were more than happy to just sip away at our wine in the mean time). And despite being extremely busy, the waitress still was still very friendly, patient and encouraging when the one person in our group who doesn't speak much French tried to order his food.

1  Thank Cooljewel
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We had a wonderful meal here based on the recommendation of other TripAdvisors. The location was convenient since we had just completed the Grenoble Bastille tour and it was in the neighborhood. We sat outside which wasn't too busy or noisy despite all the traffic construction on the street.

The food was good and well priced. The salmon tartar starter was fine, but nothing special. The Grenoble style trout was delicious and the gratin was one of the best we had in France. Dessert was less interesting, but came with the menu.

I only rate it 4 stars because there was only 1 waitress for the entire restaurant and she was so stressed she couldn't remember any of our requests.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Situated across the road from our hotel (All Seasons) this little restaurant caught our eye immediately. We had to try it and wasn't disappointed. It's a charming place, smallish but has a cosy feel and the decor was cleverly artistic. Friendly service.

1  Thank Craig L