“Good business hotel”

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Grenoble
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Not really special, but a good business hotel. Good service, comfortable beds, clean rooms. On the main road close to the center, but. set back a bit so it's not noisy. Breakfast was a bit strangely set up (they are redoing the restaurant) w/ buffet all around the small breakfast area - but fine. I would not stay here for personal travel, would pick something more small & special but for business needs it's fine.

Room Tip: both sides are ok - off the main street a bit
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Deauville, France
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This hotel provides excellent value for money in a good location, but I have some gripes. The restaurant is completely under cover. There are no open air tables in the garden. The hotel could usefully move the restaurant to the ground floor in summer, and provide some exterior tables. The bar is under or un-staffed during the day. Getting even so much as a cup of coffee can be difficult, and there is no food service whatsoever outside restaurant hours. In the bedroom the TV screen was positioned too low above the worksurface. My girlfriend insisted that my computer was set up on the small round table, because my head would otherwise have obstructed her view of the TV whilst I was using the computer. The size of the superior room was adequate but the space was not used to the best efficiency

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We chose the Mercure because all the Michelin restaurants in Grenoble were either closed for August holidays or Sundays, but their restaurant was open. So we drove through town, found the high-rise hotel and, after checking in, asked for reservations for dinner that night. Oh, no, we were told, the restaurant is closed on Sundays. So much for the accuracy of the red Michelin!

The Mercure was nice. Modern, air conditioned, but not super cool. We had started to remove the quilts from the sheet covers, and certainly did it there. We had a really good deal -- here and the next three nights at Mercures. It was called something like a Businessman’s Special -- it was not cancellable, but was low priced and included breakfast, a very important addition, as breakfasts are very expensive. The underground garage was billed as 14 Euros, but was offered to us a 7 Euros, so we used it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We did not stay, we requested a refund due to major surgery on my leg. This was the only Mercure hotel of the three that we had booked with on this holiday that refused to pospone or cancel with a refund. A little disappointed as we use Accor hotels regularly although we have only just joined the accor club.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2011

During my two and a half week trip to France, this was by far the best hotel of them all. I had reserved a Privilège room which was very spacious, quiet, and with a large bathroom for Europe. Service was friendly and efficient.

During my stay, Le Tour de France was visiting Grenoble. The hotel was full with race-related clients including 4 cycling teams. The staff, however, treated me very well during check-in which was prompt and check-out as well. An error with the room rate was swiftly resolved.

The Privilège room had a nice desk work area, larger LCD TV, and mini-bar. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom with a wonderful rain shower (no tub). The bathroom also had a regular electrical plug outlet near the sink so I did could use my own hair dryer and flat iron. I never use hotel dryers and frequently struggle finding electrical outlets near mirrors in hotel rooms where I can dry & style my hair with my own appliances.

Internet access was free throughout the hotel. I did not experience any problems with it during my stay.

The room overall was very clean. There were, however, a couple noticeable dark hairs in the bathroom. I admit that I am quite sensitive to dark hairs especially on white surfaces.

The bed was quite comfortable. Not too hard or soft for my tastes. It did have a duvet which I find too warm for use during much of the year. My solution is to slide the inner comforter down to one slide leaving just the covering sleeve. Not perfect but it works for me.

Since I am an early riser, there was never a problem with crowds or food quantity at breakfast. There was plenty of food and of good quality and selection. Cost at nearly 17 Euros is not inexpensive but is cheaper than I have experienced at similar business-focused hotels.

The weather during my stay was comfortable so I did not experience issues with the air conditioning or heating. The windows opened letting in the fresh air. Upon my initial arrival, the room was closed up and a bit warm but became quite comfortable after opening the windows.

As for location, it was fine for me needs. It was close enough for my walking destinations in addition to having relatively easy access to and from the autoroute.

During my visit, I was required to use the hotel's underground parking because the surface parking was closed for race-related vehicles. The garage was fine with narrow but acceptable parking spots and well-marked hotel entry.

Should my travels take me to Grenoble again, I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ord2san
Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England.
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed at the Mercure President whilst on business in Grenoble and i have to say I endured probably the worst nights sleep I have ever had to suffer in a hotel.
The room was far too warm on arrival so I used the airconditoning to cool the room, this failed to have the desired affect and I struggled with sleep until at 3am i telephoned reception who despatched someone to take a look
On doing so i was advised to turn off the control because it wasnt working!!! i opened the window instead and tried to sleep, for the next 3 hours i struggled with the heat and traffic noise until i gave it up as a bad job and showereredat 6am and left for work shortly afterwards.
Upon leaving I complained at reception and was told the airconditioning for the whole hotel was broken and hadnt been repaired. I left for work and needless to say had a miserable day due to tiredness. On my return I enquired if the problem had been fixed, no was the answer, i asked if i could be moved to a colder room? They were all the same, i was told and offerred a bottle of water.......what service!!!!
Do not stay here ever!!!! Needless to say i will never return!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Adrian48
Sandhurst,UK
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed here on a one off stop to a customer
It was my first time here and even though some areas of the hotel are a little older than others I was pleasently surprised throughout
Having one of the re-fitted rooms it was a modern,well designed room,clean and perfectly adequate for a business traveller
We used the bar which was welcoming and had a great decor with plenty of areas to sit and relax whilst enjoying a drink or snack
Breakfast was perfectly adequate,continental but well stocked
As mentioned though it could get a little busy if you picked the wrong time

For a Grenoble hotel it is more than adequate for a few nights on the road

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business