US$81
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$92
US$90
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Kyriad Grenoble Centre(Grenoble)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$63
Book now, pay at stay
US$71
US$68
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Operalia Grenoble les Cedres(Grenoble)(Great Value!)
US$64
Free cancellation until 05/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$116
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain stationbusiness tripbusiness hotelbreakfast buffetrecommended hotelcafe restaurantworld tradeconvenient locationchamber of commerceshort breakfitness equipmentbusiness reasonssleep qualitynespresso machine in the roomwifi connectionhotel is modernbusiness school
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We stayed here for business reasons (partner business, me leisure).

The hotel is situated in a large quiet square with mainly office buildings near by, making it very peaceful. The train station is only a couple of minutes walk away. The main way to exit the hotel complex (on foot) is through a walkway that comes out at the train/bus station. I never walked this on my own in the evening, I didnt have to, but the evenings that we were out we never saw anything dodgy.

Our room was spacious, the air con was a god send. The rooms are serviced daily, and even though we hung our towels up to re-use them, they were always changed.

I only had breakfast once at the hotel. The selection was ok, usual fair of pastries and cereals etc, however I found the service to be very slow, and the waitress that was working the morning I ate here seamed to be flustered.

Grenoble is a great city to visit, plenty of museums etc to see, and no shortage of restaurants. Where the hotel is situated makes it very easy to get around the city on foot.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Novotel is a good hotel, the rooms where very clean and modern. The trams make it easy with a stop directly out the front door and are only a 5 mins ride from the station or 15mins from center of historical town. We found the front door hard to find as it was a Sunday and the exhibition center was closed but this also meant it was nice and quiet location.

Good value to money and the room service food and breakfast were delicious.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be a typical Novotel experience. The rooms are nice, clean, functional and suitable for the business traveller. There is free WiFi available in all areas of hotel and my experience of the reception staff was positive and very helpful.

The only let down for me was breakfast. The food itself was fine… the usual cereals, breads, cold meats, etc. However, the hot food was very poor and the eggs were completely inedible. The breakfast room was disorganised with an insufficient number of staff to cater for customers. Eg. one morning I asked for coffee twice and never got it.

The location is excellent, with the main train/bus station just 1 minute walk. However pedestrian access is via an underground tunnel (under railway track), which is fine in daylight, but late at night can be intimidating for the solo traveller – esp. female – as there were tramps sleeping there, etc.

Some reviews here talked about noise from trains… I never heard anything and had no problems sleeping.

Overall I would recommend and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We were on our way back to uk driving through the alps and had booked this hotel as a stop over
very large clean quite room good to have bath and shower
very secure parking under the hotel with direct access into the reception
20 mins to town centre which is worth the walk
gym
good bar and normal dining
helpful staff
fair price

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Pros:
- Functional business hotel
- Clean bed & pillows, great location, within walking distance from town, train station and bus station.
Cons:
- Difficult to locate entrance, it shares the same entrance as the World Trade Centre, and you have to press a bell for receptionist to open the door for you.
- Snooty receptionist, who couldn't be bothered to explain clearly to me how to get to a bus stop that I was looking for. Her only advice was "walk out of the door, bus stop is to the right". When in fact it should have been, walk out of door, go through an underpass, exit at the end (there are several exits in the underpass), then cross the road. Can you beat that?
- Laundry list claims to be able to return clothes on same day if sent in before a certain time. But when i brought it to the receptionist before that time, she told me that since it's the vacation period, i cannot get it back on the same day. Wished she had told me that when i checked in!
- Room's door slams really hard, if you accidentally release if after pushing it open.. plastic fixture on toilet wall FLEW OFF. Beware...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank pepamint_lee