“Not bad for an Indian restaurant in France”
Review of Le Bombay

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gabriel Péri
Grenoble, France
“Not bad for an Indian restaurant in France”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

North indian restaurant, so no Korma for you coconut lovers and no peshwari naan either. Internals to the restaurant are very nice, we went for some take out and we were asked to wait outside which was a bit off but as it was a nice evening not the end of the world. We asked for poppadums which they said they did not normally do for takeout but they put 10 in with pickles so it made up for waiting outside. Pretty bland overall with bursts of flavour from large chunks of component parts (cinnnamon, cardumum etc) and no heat as per the course in France, still looking for a decent curry which can excite you in Grenoble.

• Visited June 2011

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Why is this recomended?”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Only average at best. Onion bargies Turner out to be frozen onglon RINGS!!!

Derry
“Forget about it if you're on your own”
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I had dinner here in the past.. I was with my colleague. I wanted to eat here as its pretty high on trip advisor.
As we were approaching the restarunt my colleague said "Oh... this is the place I was turned away from before.. we mightn't get a table".
We got a table anyways.

The food isn't too bad... I ordered a chicken Vindaloo and I asked for it extra spicy (as a previous reviewer suggested) but it wasn't that spicy.. it was more a mild Madras heat level. The portions are small but the Nan Bread is good. Price is its a bit expensive for Indians in the area. The service is dull.. a smile wouldn't go a miss lol

After that night I thought I'd go back again and give it another try as it definitly didn't live up to its trip advisor rating. I thought they must have had a bad night.
This time I was on my own... It was about 8pm..I walked in and there was a que of people standing there. The restarunt was about 1/2 full and the upstairs part was empty.
The waiter came over and asked us who was with each other.. infront of me there was a group of 3.. then behind me there was 2 guys. He asked each of us if we had made reservations.. eveyone said no.
He seated the group of 3 in front of me.. and 5 mins later he approached me and said "Sorry.. you'll have to came back later".. before I could say a word he was seating the 2 guys in behind me.
As he was shuffling past.. continuing to seat the the 2 guys I said "What time".. he said.. "Oh... em.. 9..half 9... maybe 10". I was soo embarrest and disgusted... why the 2 guys behind me and not me?
The fact was.. I was on my own.. they're not gona make as much money from me and in their eyes I'd take up a table for 2... and they'd only be getting money from 1. I know know how my colleague felt.

I'll never be back there again.

To sum up... this place isn't any good if you're on you're own.
The food is OK... but the service is pretty bad... it seems they put money before service.

8 Thank alka5eltzer
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Best Indian food in France”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

When I entered the restaurant, I was greeted with warmth. The seating arrangement is good, but be sure to make a reservation, the place is fairly popular.
I ordered some Baingan Bhartha and Kabuli Chana along with Parantha. One of the best experiences of eating out in Europe.
Great taste, great ambience.

2 Thank Pawan_Review
St Martin d' Uriage
“Looking for a great curry?”
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Bombay is simply the best Indian food experience I have had outside the U.K. They use whole spices, fresh ingredients and the bi-lingual service is excellent. My only word of caution would be to remember this restaurant is in France and the French have a VERY low spice tolerance in general. If you like your curry spicy make sure you have a good agreement with your waiter when placing your order. They will understand if you speak English ;-).

It's no Brick Lane but you will have a very hard time finding a better curry in France or in many other countries for that matter. Enjoy.

4 Thank rsgbs