“Good food, good value, good staff...”
Review of La Fortune du Pot

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Berriat
Reviewed 8 April 2014

When we arrived it was a Saturday lunchtime and the place was almost full with locals of all ages. We were greeted by super friendly staff (including, we presume, the owner) quality of food and wine was very good. Typical small authentic and traditional resto. A hidden gem, worth looking for...

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was the first restaurant I went to after arriving in Grenoble. I was travelling alone, but the owner made me feel very welcome. I had the three course meal and it was exactly what I needed after a very loooong day of travelling.
I would highly recommend this little gem to anyone travelling through Grenoble!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I visited this restaurant based on other trip advisor reviews. It did not disapoint. A real gem, with a simple good value menu which I believe changes daily based on what the owner can get. The pave of beef I had was one of the best steaks I've had in a while. The service was really friendly and I will return.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I know this small resto for almost 10 years and the quality of the food, its very competitive price and the very friendly atmosphere has not changed. Each morning the owner makes a selection of fresh food at the local "Halles"of Grenoble and combines this to a small number of dishes. His spouse is the excellent "chef" . There is a good choice of wines but the "open" house wines by the glass are ok as well. A 3 course menu (fixed price) with a carafe of wine and coffee end up at 28 euro (april 2013). The owner is a philosophe as well so you can have some interesting discussions on top of the meal, provided that you speak some French.
No credit cards. If you come with a large party you should make a reservation and please don't cancel at the very last moment.

1  Thank Guy_de_Sinjoor
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Great value, 3 course meal and a beer for 21 euro and it all tasted great!
The manager spoke very little English, but did a great job explaining what some of the dishes were with the few words he knew and a few charades. Much more accommodating towards non-fluent French speakers than some other restaurants.

I'll go again next time.

1  Thank Robert C