“Lovely!”
Review of Le Gourmet de Seze

Le Gourmet de Seze
Reserve with
Le Gourmet de Seze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,268 Restaurants in Lyon
Neighbourhood: Marechal Lyautey - Vitton
ewellis
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We enjoyed a lovely meal that began with a delightful amuse-bouche and ended with luscious chocolates. Our langoustines, served as entrees, were tender and succulent, and our meat course -- lamb -- was cooked to perfection. Service was attentive but unpretentious. In all, we had a lovely evening.

Visited June 2014

Brooklyn, NY
“A gem”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Following the recommendation from Trip Advisor, we had our only meal in Lyon here, and we were very pleased. it is a small and unpretentious place, decorated tastefully but simply, and the food could not be better. On our three week trip to France we ate at several Michelin 3 star restaurants, and I can testify that the meal here was undeniably the equal to any of them, at a fraction of the cost. The food was sumptuous, beautiful, delicious, and sublime. The portions are generous and the preparations were creative and irresistible. Be prepared, because there is a lot of food. They offer many extras. I believe there were actually 5 different dessert courses, in fact the last course my wife and I just looked at...there was no way either of us had any room for a single further bite of food. The service was perfect and smooth. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank BrooklynDB
“The best food we have had in long time!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We are from Australia and found this restaurant on tripadvisor. We had their signature menu with matchung wine. Two entrees, two mains and countless dessert - we loved absolutely everything we had but later got too full and couldnt finish all. there was no english menu but every staff was very friendly and helpful in explaining the details.

We were the only people not speaking French in the whole restaurant which gave us a very good confidence that the restaurant was a pick from the locals. We will definitely come back when we travel Lyon next time.

2 Thank Ellieshin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful Meal”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at plenty of Michelin starred restaurants before and this one star restaurant did not disappoint. In fact I was surprised it was only one star.

The service and atmosphere were excellent. The meal began with a very helpful waiter offering to translate the menu options for me. The amuse was a delicate celeriac cream with mussels, the entree was a langoustines in a shellfish broth (table side pour) with seasonal veg, the plate was a perfectly cooked cod on a bed if puréed carrots with white asparagus. I ordered the wine pairings and was thrilled with the selections. To end, there was a wonderful cheese plate that included an amazing sheep's milk cheese from the Alps that left me wanting more. Then a string of small desserts came out, I think 7 in total, oh my!

The food was creative, extremely seasonal and prepared expertly. Well worth the 53e plus 23e for wine. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special meal when you are in Lyon.

2 Thank ExChefsWife
New York City, New York
“Extraordinary Meal, Creativity and Service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've been travelling through France looking for the best meals I could find, and I think La Gourmet de Seze fits the bill. My guest and I got the "surprise" menu, which features an appetizer, a fish dish, a meat dish and a feast of pre and post miniature dishes. The food was absolutely spot-on: chicken consomme (pre-appetizer) with crispy croutons and an intense concentrated broth, foie gras (appetizer) that was perfectly seared and counterbalanced with a delightful, slightly rich and perfectly sweetened fruit sauce, cod (fish entree) that was falling apart delightfully in a very light but intense clam chowder-like salty broth with slightly crispy vegetables, a cheese dish that featured 5 very well-balanced cheeses and generous portions of each, and a chocolate souffle with just the right amount of graininess, creaminess and sugar. The sweetbreads could have used a little more seasioning, but otherwise I wouild've changed nothing. Service was excellent - friendly, attentive and warm - though slow. The chef even (without our asking) signed a menu, which included a full description of all the surprise dishes we’d eaten. Top-notch service and food all-around.

• Visited March 2014