“Perfect dinner”

Aux 24 Colonnes, Le Bistrot du Palais.
Ranked #60 of 3,374 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$38 - US$52
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux Lyon - Quarantaine
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was here with a friend as part of our holiday because one of my French friends had recommended it. I wasn't disappointed. The food tasted really fresh and the wine was also very good. Our waiter really took time to explain to us all the things on the menu and would always check if we needed anything. Loved this place, definitely coming back!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

After three days in lyon, I have had to go out of my way to miss the horrible eateries that form the majority of the old town. I am not looking for Michelin star, just good food from the region. To this point we had better food when we opted for bread, cheese, meat and tomato from the local provedores prepared at our apartment.

After scouring the reviews my wife and I settled on aux24 as it sounded what we were after. We looked at some of the 'boundary pushing' and high end restaurants, but we wanted something that was a bit more honest.

We could not have picked better.

The venue is reasonably priced, has great local cuisine and a great waiter - there was only waiter one across 24 people but he made us feel well attended to, and explained the menu in detail.

We had the mixed cold meat/cheese tasting plate, and the first two mains on the list. Couldn't fault them. The restaurant serves local cuisine with fresh local produce - and that is what it tastes like.

Only thing I would possibly add would be a small serve of cream with the praline tart to cut through the sweetness as it verges on the rich side on its own. Maybe that's an australian thing.

Total cost under 100e for two incl a good bottle of wine and apperatifes.

3  Thank StatlerOz
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We chose Aux 24 Colonnes precisely because it is not part of the ostentatious hustle and bustle in the parallel streets of Old Lyon, where cafes spill onto the streets, one beside the other.

The owner Eric looked after us, and he took great, visible pride in explaining every dish on the menu in detail -- unsolicited and in English -- and really made us feel valued customers. All questions we had, he happily answered. All the produce is local and of the highest quality. He recommended a fabulous wine, the dishes were all delicious, and we left the restaurant feeling we had experienced something very special indeed.

2  Thank Lazarina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Pride of ownership and attention to detail is always a winning combination. At this beautiful authentic Lyonaise establishment, the atmosphere is charming, the food is exceptional to taste and to look at, and the service by Eric makes you feel that you are special and he has prepared a feast, just for you. It was an intimate, impromptu birthday dinner for two that most graciously became a lovely celebration. We do recommend reservations.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The quenelles tasteless and the tart extremely sweet. I wonder if the chef was on holidays as I totally disagree with the rave review this place has had in the past

2  Thank christine j