“Japanese virgin...”

Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cordeliers - Jacobins
Description: Situe en plein centre du 2eme arr de Lyon entre la place Bellecour et la place des terreaux, le restaurant japonais NOBORU vous propose, depuis plus de 14 ans, une cuisine authentique du Japon !
Reviewed 7 August 2015

My friend talked me into trying Japanese for the first time. As a vegetarian who doesn't normally eat fried foods, I was wondering what on earth I would find to eat...but it didn't even matter after our warm welcome from the husband-wife owners who were more than generous with their time and suggestions. It was a wonderful first experience! This little gem was recommended by our hotel, located right around the corner, and we couldn't have agreed more. Reasonably-priced, fresh food. I can't say more than that since I have nothing to compare my experience to!

Reviewed 31 March 2015

Nice little Japanese restaurant in the center of Lyon, yet in a very quiet side street. Welcome is very friendly and with a fruity aperitif, the waiter is helpful and always there when needed. The food is fresh and tasty, yet the choice for vegetarians is very limited. The tofu was excellent, the maki as well, the mushrooms on brochette I would not order a second time. I have eaten better in my life, yet a nice place to have your lunch. Beware, the restaurant is a long channel, so it is darkish in the back and you do not see the street life. The price/ service ratio was excellent.

1  Thank Tornado0963
Reviewed 14 March 2015

Great Place!!! Get the Nororu Menu GD Gormound!!! Salad, soup, sushi and skewers were all amazing!!! It was all seafood, but plenty of it. Free drink to start and end meal were great as well as the two bottles of wine we drank. So far best meal we have had this trip even though we had some very good French food as well.

1  Thank BryceMacy
Reviewed 13 November 2014

I am Japanese and have used several times when I am in Lyon France.
There are many Japanese restaurant. But, here is the best in Lyon.
Tonkatsu, Agedashi-Dofu and Miso soup is complete Japanese taste.
The song is a little bit old. But, it makes some "nostalgia".
The price is not so high agaisnt other japanese restaurant.
My Japanese co-worker was also suprised because of the taste.

This is one of my favorite restaurant in France.

1  Thank e86528
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very good value for money. Sushi not of the highest calibre to be found in Lyon (try Wasabi instead, for example), but overall quite reasonable.

1  Thank Scott T