“Different tast! ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

n•1 during our trip in the South of France. The old Patisserie is transformed into a cosy nice restaurant but they kept the old elements and charme of the shop.

The kitchen serves a nice menu for a really good price. They try to make of each dish a little piece of art. The flavour of the dishes complemented each other.

The host and his staff give you a warm welcome and serve the food with a certain nonchalance that makes that you feel home.

I certainly come back when I’m in Lyon!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank kennyv2016

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

The owner was so welcoming and went through the entire menu for us since none of us spoke English. He catered for vegetarian at short notice and the food was incredible.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Starter was good, but the main dish and desert was not delicous. The guality of beef and the duck was low.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018

The set up, the presentation of the dishes, the quality of the food and the pricing, the impecable service...an unforgetable experience !
I will recommend it to all friends and family passing by !

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about Ivan and everyone at La Gargotte. From the prompt and courteous responses when I made the reservation months ago to the professional follow ups, everything about organizing my welcome to Lyon dinner for valued AmaWaterways river cruise guests was perfect.

Upon arrival Ivan had organized a beautiful and large table setting so that we could all sit together like one big family. He told us the extremely interesting and historical background of his restaurant and made us all feel like we were old friends coming for a visit.

Then the food and drinks came in a parade of flavors and incredible presentation and I was blown away. The champagne infused with a reduction of pepper was one of the most unique apertifs I've ever had... and the menu that followed was divine. Every flavor was balanced and our meal was as interesting to look at as it was discerning all of the flavors.

Not only did they know exactly how to handle my group of 18 people, but the culinary experience we had was exactly what I wanted for their arrival in Lyon. I will definitely be back and I can recommend this restaurant whole heartedly.

Date of visit: September 2017